The hobbit part 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Well, Bilbo and the dwarves did just get dropped off outside of Mirkwood, which is where Legolas lives, so I can see why they'd want to add some continuity from LotR.

Claudiasboris

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
At the risk of being a geek- cause hobbit was before lotr?
Cause bilbo made no mention of meeting that specific elf prior to his appearance at the council in fellowship of the ring?
(Yes I'm a nerd)

So'm I !!! Not keen on all these changes, Tolkein was a brilliant author the screen-writers aren't. Worraworraworra as Tigger says ...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
At the risk of being a geek- cause hobbit was before lotr?
Cause bilbo made no mention of meeting that specific elf prior to his appearance at the council in fellowship of the ring?

(Yes I'm a nerd)

Ah! but Bilbo was wearing the ring when the dwarves are captured, which in the movies makes the world all shadowy 'n' stuff, perhaps Legolas was only one pointy eared long haired chap amongst many as far as Bilbo was concerned? Legolas is also quite a high highly placed Elf and might be expected to be doing his bit to protect the realm from meddlesome dwarves?

I quite liked the film, I don't mind them filling it out a bit but I found the scenes with too much running about which were probably there for the 3D version to be a bit tiresome.

Not so sure about the albino super Orc either, he is in the books but is long dead by the time of the events in 'The Hobbit', surely they don't really need any more bad guys, Goblin king, The Witch King of Angmar, Sauron and a ruddy big dragon, thats enough isn't it?

:)

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Not so sure about the albino super Orc either, he is in the books but is long dead by the time of the events in 'The Hobbit', surely they don't really need any more bad guys, Goblin king, The Witch King of Angmar, Sauron and a ruddy big dragon, thats enough isn't it?

:)

Don't forget Gollum! He's the best.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
What? Three hour blink? that's called a sleep :)

Yup Tolkien will send you there...
back_to_bed.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE