The Grumble Thread.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
If you want to grumble about stuff...

So long as its not offensive....

And its funny.....

This is the place to do it.

Grumble, Grumble......

Just been trying to work out why my kids ceiling seems to have gone black.

Found his hobo stove under his bed with a half burned comic in it.....

Grumble, Grumble......

I noticed one half of my boat had blown over, so I went outside to stand it back up and got hit by a flying garden chair.

Grumble, Grumble......

Stepped in a puddle on the way back in.

Now Im wet AND lumpy.

Grumble, Grumble......

I decided to take my hammock apart and adjust how it goes back together.

As soon as I took it apart, I noticed Ive run out of thread to sew it with.

Grumble, Grumble......

How come everyone else has bourbons but I dont?

Well....

I did have some, but they all seem tohave disapeared.

I recon it was the kids.

Grumble, Grumble......

Last edited by a moderator:

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Ive been thinking about getting a tent for when its too horrible to hammock.

I told my kid who said we would need a scout tent that opens at both ends otherwise we wont be able to hang the hammocks through it.

Sometimes I think he does it deliberately.

Grumble, Grumble......

Lol Digger

I did that a couple of weeks ago

Grumble, Grumble......

Which reminds me I still need to pack some extra grip toilet paper in case it happens again.

Feeling terrified in case I need to go again

Grumble, Grumble......

Just been on another biscuit hunt.

found a pot of chocolate spread

got the bread out, buttered it.

the kids have eaten all the chocolate and just put the empty back in the cupbpard.

Grumble, Grumble......

Its supposed to be warm but windy today.

I got out the bits to fibreglass another piece of boat together

so it rained.

Grumble, Grumble......

I just give up and go curl up in whats left of my hammock

except theres still some more chairs out there somewhere

Grumble, Grumble......

Last edited by a moderator:

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Just got a new tractor at the farm on Monday, and it's rained ever since so we can't start ploughing.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Just had a go at my kid for using the hobo in his bedroom.

"But I really had to dad. If I had used it in the plastic bath it would have melted and I just couldnt do it in the garden as you said I couldnt go out as it was raining."

Grumble, Grumble at not being quick enough to think of an answer to the little smart Alec.....

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Wednesday - Missed my bus home, waited half hour for the next
Thursday - Ran for the bus, phone jumped out of pocket into on coming traffic and I had to jump infront of the cars to stop them and save it as the bus sailed passed.
Friday - managed to flag down my bus but its no longer a stagecoach its a BLUEBIRD and I only have a stagecoach pass, so had to wait 40 minutes for a different one.

What the heck is a bluebird I never seen one of them buses in my life!! grrrr!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Just broke a 6mm helicoil tap !!! aaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i cant sleep either,....grumble,...

i got my wool blanket out on the couch,....

it smells of the woods and faintly of camp fire smoke,,

if i try hard enough i may dream i,m out there somewhere.///hahahah

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
2011-02-05023914.jpg

I'm just about to have a go at a fork to match lol.... there's that much wood on the carpet now... why get hung for a lamb, if you can get hung for a sheep? ;)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
It irritates me when I go into the local sandwich shop and they ask me what bread I would like my filling 'on'.
It annoys me for three reasons:
Firstly, the clue is there - filling. It's called a 'filling' because it fills a space. It doesn't sit 'on' anything. It sits 'in'.
Secondly, if I was to say I want my filling 'in' the bread, not 'on' it they will smugly show me the sarnie with the filling 'on' one slice of bread. This annoys me because what I am ordering is a completed sarnie, with the filling unquestionably 'in' the bread. I am not ordering a work-in-progress, I am ordering a finished sandwich.
Thirdly, I know they are only saying 'in' because it's a crass misappropriation from vapid US sitcoms like 'Friends', where everything is 'kewel' and 'kinda neat' and 'kooky'. It's that moronic, unthinking, misappropriation that annoys me the most.

I feel the say about 'do you want that to go?'. No! I bloody don't! I want to take it with me!

Oh yeah, and people who say 'like' too much. I make it my habit to pick them up on it and say, 'so it wasn't actually like that, but just something similar, just a facsimile, an impression.' Nine out of ten times they're too stupid (because they pepper their sentences with meaniningless and semi-literate words such as 'like', 'yeah' and 'you know what I mean') to realise what I am saying and just stare empty and gormless, doubtless wondering how long it is until X Factor is on.

When I come into power I know who's going to be first up against the wall...

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
It irritates me when I go into the local sandwich shop and they ask me what bread I would like my filling 'on'.
It annoys me for three reasons:
Firstly, the clue is there - filling. It's called a 'filling' because it fills a space. It doesn't sit 'on' anything. It sits 'in'.
Secondly, if I was to say I want my filling 'in' the bread, not 'on' it they will smugly show me the sarnie with the filling 'on' one slice of bread. This annoys me because what I am ordering is a completed sarnie, with the filling unquestionably 'in' the bread. I am not ordering a work-in-progress, I am ordering a finished sandwich.
Thirdly, I know they are only saying 'in' because it's a crass misappropriation from vapid US sitcoms like 'Friends', where everything is 'kewel' and 'kinda neat' and 'kooky'. It's that moronic, unthinking, misappropriation that annoys me the most.

I feel the say about 'do you want that to go?'. No! I bloody don't! I want to take it with me!

Oh yeah, and people who say 'like' too much. I make it my habit to pick them up on it and say, 'so it wasn't actually like that, but just something similar, just a facsimile, an impression.' Nine out of ten times they're too stupid (because they pepper their sentences with meaniningless and semi-literate words such as 'like', 'yeah' and 'you know what I mean') to realise what I am saying and just stare empty and gormless, doubtless wondering how long it is until X Factor is on.

When I come into power I know who's going to be first up against the wall...

Aaaaaaaaannnd, relax,.....

i know what you mean tho,..(oops sorry "though")

my favourite at the moment is ,......

"I AINT DONE NUFFINK"

oh so your admitting to doing something then?...

its even a line in a few songs in the charts at the moment too,....being sprayed throughout the land into the ears of the next leaders of the Country,...

oh dear , No Idea what have you started!!?!?!?!?!

Stu

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I love this place!

Its the only place I know where people dont have to run around trying to act normal and being judged if they dont quite manage it.

You people are brilliant!

Face is aching from laughing

Grumble, Grumble......

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Wanna go out and play with the hammocks with the kids and maybe try some tracking, but darent leave the house in case the wind rips down my tarp boat shelter and beats the neighbours cars with it.

Grumble, Grumble........

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
After 9 months of unemployement I finally have a job again and because I have to work 6 days of the week now, I can't go out anymore or lack the energy to do so!!

*grumble, grumble*

I work in the carindustry, combining cars, my no.1 embodyment of the devil, and sales/commerce, the mother of all evil, feeding the greed of people.

*grumble, grumble*

And on top of that I am working in the carworkshop, so I am stained with petrochemicals and streetfilth all the time!! Polution all around and on me!!

*grumble, grumble

So much for being in touch with nature...

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
the ordnance survey website, when looking on the ''get a map'' section, looking for a bothie.
do you know what?
IT DOESNT ACCEPT GRID REFERANCES!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
the irony is lost on me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE