*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Dan,.you couldnt post a close up of the stuff could you please,..?

i cant quite see the composition of the aluminium at a sub-atomic level!!!

dude!!!. pixel overload!!!!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Blimey, those pictures are HUGE!

Looks good though. Nice offer.

The speed with which problems like the knife/age question get sorted on this site is always impressive, and always because everyone is willing to accommodate and help others.

What a great site! :You_Rock_

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Currently on offer:
An emergency messing set (or for when you just can't be bothered to cook).
The set is to consist of a pair of mess tins (tarnished from some use but nothing serious and no dents),
A hexamine burner stove
Some water purification tablets
And from rations; tea and whitener
Hot chocolate (the new good stuff)
Cream of vegetable soup
Vegemite (some people just love this stuff)
Bacon omelette and beans
(Might chuck in some extra bits or some tinder stuff to pad out the package)
In other words, a complete high energy food supply for when your sitting in the woods under your tarp in the pouring rain, wondering what on earth you took up bushcraft for (or a great beginner set).

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
must admit to still being a little uncomfortable with the knife/age situation. I'm sure it's been resolved to the satisfaction of the parties concerned but I wouldn't be over happy myself...sorry, just my opinion.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
must admit to still being a little uncomfortable with the knife/age situation. I'm sure it's been resolved to the satisfaction of the parties concerned but I wouldn't be over happy myself...sorry, just my opinion.
Its been resolved by my parents being sent the knife and they are responsible for it. Many bushcrafters teach children as young as 7 to use knives and I also believe it is important to distinguish the difference between a tool and a weapon. Im a scout young leader (one that actually runs a lot of meetings rather than sitting back and "helping") and I teach a lot of knife safety. We regularly use knives with scouts and cubs to cook, carve (The troop recently invested in some spoon knives), cut things e.g. rope, prepare tinders for fire and much more. I have been brought up with knife safety and have possessed one since I was 8. I now have a selection of knives I use safely on a regular basis and have never seriously hurt myself (no more than a slight nick). So im sorry telwebb but I couldn't disagree more with you. I'm actually quite shocked and not the attitude I would have expected from a bushcrafter who usually are keen to promote their hobby and spread knowledge with all people from all backgrounds.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Right chaps this is going stagnant lets keep it moving!

CURRENTLY ON OFFER:
The set is to consist of a pair of mess tins (tarnished from some use but nothing serious and no dents),
A hexamine burner stove
Cream of vegetable soup
Bacon omelette and beans
(Might chuck in some extra bits or some tinder stuff to pad out the package)
In other words, a complete high energy food supply for when your sitting in the woods under your tarp in the pouring rain, wondering what on earth you took up bushcraft for (or a great beginner set).

Woz888

Aug 17, 2010
Downunder
Just thought I would interrupt and congratulate you all on such a successful operation. Sadly, being an Antipodean I am unable to participate but am certainly enjoying reading through the passing of gifts hither and tither and the goodwill that generates. Gold Stars all around.

Woz

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just thought I would interrupt and congratulate you all on such a successful operation. Sadly, being an Antipodean I am unable to participate but am certainly enjoying reading through the passing of gifts hither and tither and the goodwill that generates. Gold Stars all around.

Woz

Woz... no reason being over the other side of the world should stop you from participating if you see some item you'd like. I for one, and I'm sure others on here as well, wouldn't mind the slightly higher cost of posting something to you or any of our other overseas members.

So go on and join in and and make it a global scheme :)

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Last Bumb before I change the offer entirely (just added some to this offer):

Currently on offer:
The set is to consist of a pair of mess tins (lightly used)
A hexamine burner stove (unused with full box of hexi)
Cream of vegetable soup
Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce
Bacon omelette & beans
Pork Sausage, Omelette and Beans

This is one heavy package to post but fits nicely in a PLCE utility pouch! Full of high energy food as emergency rations or when you can't be bothered (especially in the mornings). All food is wet, boil in the bag.

ATB
Dan

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'll take the rations please. I'll post something up in a while. You can hang on to the mess tins and stove, only want food.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE