*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'll offer this knife blank to anyone over 18 yo.

GIOblank.jpg

steel unknown

225mm long

28mm at widest point

4mm thick

How blank is it? has it been heat treated, ground etc. ? Guessing not from the photo but hard to tell?

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
How blank is it? has it been heat treated, ground etc. ? Guessing not from the photo but hard to tell?

No idea! All I can tell you beyond what I have already is that it is a piece of steel cut in the shape of a knife, and a magnet will stick to it.

On closer examination, there is a little blue-ish heat colouring near the tip and some surface abrasion on one side in the handle area.

GIOblank3.jpg

GIOblank2.jpg

Last edited:

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Yes please to the knife blank Mr Bilmo,
i can offer a true utility mini multi tool (over 18's only), or a black webtex surefire torch holster.

DSCF0795.jpg

Watch strap and headtorch are gone.

Last edited:

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
No worries mate, thourght it would be worth asking :) thanks anyways..

Kev, I would be more than intrested mate! Iv recently been offers a jig so I'm over keen to give it a try and miss out the first few processes! :D

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
gift it on is an extended swap, you take something then offer up something back. It's only greedy if the thing you offer back up is worth disproportionally less than what you took. Regardless of what you intend to do with the item?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE