The Faithful Cat

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Not keen on the shotgun but rimfire and airrifles don't bother her.

One of my old cats Freddy used to love when you got the airfifle out, loved chasing after the pellets and the kicked up seashells on the beach where we lived. Though one old lady thought I was being cruel shooting at a poor kitty cat. Had to explain he was mine and he loved it.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
We used to watch a neighbour in France taking his dog and cat for a walk. They would go on a circular walk up to and across the hillside visible from our place. The dog would follow the whole circuit but the cat knew a shortcut that we could see from our vantage point but the neighbour and dog could not. They never could work out how the cat managed to get to the end of the circuit before them. The smug expression on the cat's face was hilarious.

Ps We have our son's cat staying with us while he moves house. We found the Cat's Diary a valuable insight into his behaviour. We are going to let him know that we know! Knowledge is power!!

No but our Tabby has a lovely pelt and often think what a great Davey Crocket hat he would make....:tapedshut:twak::nono::yikes::lmao::sad6::pirate:
cat001.jpg

me.jpg

Just kidding..the family would flay me then rub me with rock salt just to start with.

teine

Jan 12, 2013
central Scotland
Amazing story, hiking cats love it, mine are not quite so adventurous, but my old cat scratches the door same time every day so he can go out and meet the kids off school bus, it is cute, i also have company whenever i walk to the shop:D

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Our big ginger, Morningstar, did. He did have some rather decided opinions about snow though ... and made sure I knew about it!
I hate snow.jpg

and here's one of him catching ...
Morningstar sat up playing.jpg

and his glorious tiny sister, Goldy,
Goldy 99.jpg

Our first pair, Merlin and Tanith, used to come travelling with us all over the country but they were base-camp cats rather than coming out walking with us, I don't seem to have pix of them on the computer. Isolde and Olwen, our current cats, are definitely NOT hikers or travellers :D

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE