The definition of survival has changed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
In my day survival meant an extreme situation that could be life threatening. Often that would also mean not having much kit, however there where a few bits of kit you could carry that would give surviving a fighting chance. Some would say the one bit of kit that meant the difference between surviving and not was a knife, others would say a form of starting a fire or a piece of clothing.

Well whilst surfing tonight I came across the latest bits of survival kit that will tip the balance of life and death in your favour. Oh how the world had changed in just a few years.

e2ef2dc5bf4601e5ce458c232c9c1d56.jpg

Must be a very different world now.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:rolleyes:...............we use different colours to tell everyone's apart. Could be tricky that.

I like the look of that spice tub thingie. Do you think it'd fit inside a Christmas Cracker ? HWMBLT could use that camping :D

Pretty sad day when 'survival' depends on possession of a spice tub though, even if it 'does' have three compartments :sigh:

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just had a look at the site..........4lts (that's less than a gallon) of paraffin is £14.99!!!!!........and they'll no' post it to you for that either :shocked:

M

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i had a spice tub thingie once, and it looked exactly like the one in the picture.
it measured about 3x6cm(taken from memory)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
[QUOnE=v8mule;1184711]In my oppinion survival ain't fun if it is then your camping[/QUOTE]
Wigam must be a bad place
Lets not go there

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
v8mule said:
In my opinion survival ain't fun if it is then your camping

I'm going to remember that one :D

Thank you Steffen :) that'd fit :)
I'm just a bit fed up with the dodgy screw driver set and 60cm inch tape things that they put in men's crackers. I was trying to find a couple of wee useful things to put in each of them.
Sorry for the thread divert jackcbr :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

v8mule

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
wigan
Surely survival is simply not dying?

Agreed but if your enjoying yourself its not survival, survival is the fight to stay alive we learn the art of survival with our bushcraft, hunting/trapping but we're never really surviving we're just living

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Agreed but if your enjoying yourself its not survival, survival is the fight to stay alive we learn the art of survival with our bushcraft, hunting/trapping but we're never really surviving we're just living

Odd way of looking at things.

I think if you go to bed and rest your head on your pillow at night then you've done a great job and survived another day.
If you had fun doing it all the better.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I forgot your gallons were smaller than ours. We sort of estimate 5litres to the gallon when adding it up. You don't want to know what a gallon of petrol costs us :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

Hahaha... if im in a survival situation for sure, brushing my teeth would be the last thing i'd wanna think about. Same goes for shaking anything out of a spice shaker.

For me, survival is about having and committing the an attitude of "I swear it, I will not die here or today!"

But then, maybe what I call a blissful camping night in the jungle, Justin Bieber would call it a survival experience.

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE