The days are stretching out :D :D

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's been hovering around freezing here for the past week or so, and it's light because the snow hasn't quite melted away, and there's been no rain (bet that changes tomorrow :rolleyes:) and it's nearly 5pm and it's still light out :D I've been pottering around in and out of the garden, just enjoying the fresh air and tidying up.

It might get colder yet, probably will do, but, and it's an enormous but, Winter's lost the fight to keep it dark and gloomy :D and the light's coming back as the days stretch out.
I love the changing seasons, and this is still Winter, but it's the bright end of it, and something to look forward to.

Still a pleasure to close the door tight, draw the curtains and snuggle down warm and drowsy though :eek:

cheers,
M

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Funny how some winters seem much longer than others. This one feels like a long one, be glad to get some time back in the evenings after a long day at work.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Isn't it just the best feeling when the days start to get their legs again? I love the Winter as all the other seasons, but enough's enough, eh? And as Colin says, I can very quickly get cheesed off with leaving the house and arriving home in the dark................

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Still dark at 5pm for me... and still going to work and coming home in the dark... - at least in the upshot I get around 18 hours of daylight in the depths of summer, although it's a bugger to get the kids to sleep :) ...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Still chilly here, snowdrops have been up for about three weeks though and only yesterday I noticed how much brighter it was at around 06:00. I don't mind the cold so much but I look forward to things becoming greener in the months to come.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Must admit that with feeling healthier this year I'm really enjoying the winter again. House is still freezing but enjoying being able to plod through the snow without stopping every second step. I love being out first thing in the snow and ice, the world wrapped in tiny friable tendrils of ice. Crisp air and the sound of the pinion feathers of the geese as they labour unseen through the low cloud above. Especially good when the snow under foot is "squeaky" and it's depth has smoothed of the landscape to gentle undulating curves that sparkle in the light filtering through. Though I must admit that all this is magnified if you know that you've a banked up fire and a bowl of soup to come back too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE