The changing colours of landrover....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Just saw this and your Landy RULES!

beavisnbutthead.gif

You GOT to black the roof though. I too have always wanted zebra stripes... was going to do it to my VW Kamper...

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Just saw this and your Landy RULES!

beavisnbutthead.gif

You GOT to black the roof though. I too have always wanted zebra stripes... was going to do it to my VW Kamper...

Cheers Nick...:D I would like to black the roof but its hassle having to take the roof rack off... One day I will....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Why not paint the rack black as well?
Wouldn't work....Tis galvanised and you need a special primer....I did this once on some bars on my old Trooper, but with chucking tools and things up there, it soon peeled off and became tatty...The rack is boarded out on the landy and thats got a black coat on it...
Cheers for the thought though....

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Acid etch primer..?

Better still you can (could) get some plastic coating stuff that when you heat the metal with a flame, the plastic would then melt from the powder into a solid plastic coating. No idea what it's called but I remember using iton my GCSE CDT course.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Acid etch primer..?

Better still you can (could) get some plastic coating stuff that when you heat the metal with a flame, the plastic would then melt from the powder into a solid plastic coating. No idea what it's called but I remember using iton my GCSE CDT course.

Think I will leave it be mate....Tis at the end of the day, an old landy...

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
It may be an old landy but its the effort and that little bit extra that the owners put in that means about 75% of all of them made are still working:eek:

Hammerite do a special metals primer. Its good stuff, used it on my window brackets that had to be stripped back. Know what you mean though it would be a lot of work.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
It may be an old landy but its the effort and that little bit extra that the owners put in that means about 75% of all of them made are still working:eek:

Hammerite do a special metals primer. Its good stuff, used it on my window brackets that had to be stripped back. Know what you mean though it would be a lot of work.

Yeah, it was the hammerite I used on the trooper, didn't last long....Still have the pot here somewhere..Its the inside of the landy I really need to finish now. It still looks like this....

DSC00273Small.jpg

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Acid etch primer..?

Dip coating, and I still teach it.:lmao:

Galvanised is tougher.

Green - no comment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE