The changing colours of landrover....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Jon Pickett said:
Very interesting, most people like it.....( you don't have to drive it though...) What about if I paint the wheels and roof black, so its all green and black, rather than green, black and white, any thoughts on that....

Do the wheels and roof Burgundy. Seriously, Lime green and Burgundy is one of the best colour combos on the planet.

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
If ever a colour suited a personality then thats it !!

Not slow in comming forward is our John ,

Nice one fella , :You_Rock_ and you dont care

Which is priceless!.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Jon Pickett said:
Honest opinions here please.....
Everyone down my road is stopping to stare and comment, shock being the most used word....I am wondering if it would look better if I painted the wheels and roof black, so its all green and black, or I may just leave it as is, or go over it with a darker green.....
Anyway, what do you think.......?

Errrrr, this is how it is now......
DSC00306Small.jpg

Love it - and the roof would look great painted black.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Crikey, I am amazed, really thought I was gonna get slated on this, cheers guys....
Ed.....No thanks, don't want to do your 90, got enough work to do on this. I used a foam roller for most of it, and the cutting in was done with a 1 1/2" angled window frame brush, which I found useful for getting into all the nooks and crannys....Paint is dulux, kiwi burst 1 in the fresh range and looks a lot darker on the sampler card....hmmmm.
Gonna go do the second coat this afternoon....

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I like it...............Pixie Jon and the lime green landy......Got a certain ring to it don't ya think. All most like the title of a kids book

I agree (again :eek: ) with Martyn.....Black roof would look good! :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
The Joker said:
I like it...............Pixie Jon and the lime green landy......Got a certain ring to it don't ya think. All most like the title of a kids book

I agree (again :eek: ) with Martyn.....Black roof would look good! :D
Wow.......I definately though I would have a load of grief from you Pete.....
Black roof.....Hmmmm, that means taking off the roof rack. I do agree though, would be hotter in the summer though..... Nice set of alloys to finish it off as well....
Can I write Pixie Wagon on the sides, can I, can I....??

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Excellent choice of colour Jon - I'm amaised nobody thought of that one earlier - it's obvious. The one sure way to stop people pulling out in front of you from side turnings, they'll see you coming a mile off :lmao:

I thought having a white Landrover would be sufficient but alas no, the b :censored: s still pull out in front of me, if only they knew how difficult it is to stop a Landrover when that happens. :togo:
The sight of a huge winch and ironwork in the rear view mirror does worry them a bit when you're trying your hardest to stop though :drive:

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
A nice paint job (regardless of anyone's colour choice, you've painted the beast very nicely from what I can see). Like yourself, I would have baulked at the colour in the tin, but on the Landy it looks great.

Have to agree with several members - a black roof would look rather special.

Now all you need are some black sill protectors, a decent snorkel, oversized tyres and a quality lift kit, and you'll be good to go.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well the colour has settled down great on the limerover now and I have got me a new set of rims that set it off even better......Still not sure on the roof though, now the white wheels have gone, I think the roof colour looks ok on it.....

Before new wheels....
IMAGE_187Small.jpg

With the new wheels...
IMAGE_188Small.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Strangely appealing and I don't know why. Just needs a tree stump on top and a decal saying something like 'The Big Apple- I've got my 5 portions, have you?' :D

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
Jon, fantastic!! Paint the roof, roof rack and wheels black and it'll look even better.

Not what you'd call discreet and certainly not a "bushcraft" blend in type colour. Zebra stripes on lime green cool!! or how about leopard spots!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh eck!
I go with British Red on this - Fugly!
I have to also agree that painting the roof black would help - especially if you continue the black bown to meet the wheels.
Well done on the paint job though........

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Through a change of job and a bit of good luck I've just been able to fullfill my dream of buying a car brand new, not just any car but a Discovery 3. When we got to the part about picking the colour, you should have seen the look on the salesman's face when I asked for black and white zebra stripes!:lmao:
I was a bit dissapointed that "Landrover green" wasn't an oprion!:confused:

Dave - now skint.

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
Never let your kids pick a colour for your car, I took my daughter to pick for my Landy, I obviously hid the pinks! so she picked what I can only describe as “Toy’s R Us” blue, had to keep it covered in mud to tone it down a bit,

the old girl is gone now so I'm looking for another

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE