The British Invasion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
No, not the musical phenomenon in the 60's when the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Animals, etc came to the US. But, my recently acquired handful of British made knives, that seemed to all arrive within a short period of time.

I had put in an order for several hook knives and a Woodlander 4" Classic some time ago, and I wasn't disappointed when I opened the box. Ben did a great job on everything, and I was very impressed with the presentation and how everything was packaged.

I have a few of the Mora hook knives, but wanted to upgrade to something a little better for a few future projects that I have in mind.

IMG_0368.jpg

Here is the Woodlander 4" Classic in 3mm stock and Elm scales. I have to admit to being very surprised when I first held the knife and how perfectly it fit in my hand. It feels like it was made and formed specifically for my hand. The fit and finish is superb on the knife, along with the sheath.

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

I've been on the waiting list for a Skookum Bushtool for a little over 2 years, but most people state it is at least 3 years before you receive it. I bought this R.J. Evans Bushtool in the classified section here. This is a very nice and well made knife. It has black canvas micarta scales, with red and black liners. It's very comfortable and secure in my hand, and holds a razor sharp edge. This is a great knife and I would be very surprised if the Skookum Bushtool could be any better of a knife than this. The previous owner had made a sheath for it, but unfortunately he is left handed and I'm not, so I need to get to work on a sheath so that I can carry this on my belt instead of my pack.

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

I purchased a Bernie Garland Woodlore blank that is going to need a set of scales in the near future.
IMG_0371.jpg

Mark Hill made me a SPB-1+ in African Blackwood with stainless Bolsters and black liners. Mark was a great guy to deal with. Very friendly, with very fast and good communication, and lots of updates with pictures on the knife's progress. Fit and finish is great, and I really like how the bolsters dress up the appearance of the knife and you don't often see them on bushcraft knives. Another great knife.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

I purchased this Stuart Mitchell Utility knife second hand. It has a really nice set of desert ironwood scales, RWL-34 steel and came with 2 very nice sheaths. I already owned a Stuart Mitchell knife and I really like his work, so I knew that this knife would be of exceptional quality.

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Here is another Stuart Mitchell knife that I purchased from the classifieds section here. A year or so ago, I had Stu build a Deval Bushcrafter for me, and I really liked the design and features of the knife. So, when I came across this one at a pretty good deal, I decided to add it my other Deval Bushcrafter.

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Here it is with my original Deval Bushcrafter.
IMG_0378.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
wow..

I bet that set you back a few $'s! cracking stuff though dude, nice one! I have one of Ben Orfords crook knives and they are really nice :)

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
wow..

I bet that set you back a few $'s! cracking stuff though dude, nice one! I have one of Ben Orfords crook knives and they are really nice :)

Thanks. Yes, my knife buying is going to be on hold for a while with as much as these set me back. I'm looking forward to trying out the crook knives and see if I can work on improving my carving projects.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice.....but the Mark Hill will out do them all. :thumbup:

his knvies are beautiful, don't have one myself but I've heard only the most posative comments!

I'm not sure of the exact figure, but that is probably in the right ballpark.

cor blimey! worth it though 'ey ;)

who wants a flash motor when the can pack the best of the best on their belt?

man aftermy own heart! :p

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice collection Bradley, I'm just about to add a couple more of Bens knives to my carving kit too

Gotta love those Devals

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE