The big one!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
A meet I might actually be able to make, been way to long since I've seen you guys, so count me in unless I post different within the next few days.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning, think this one is turning into one of our vintage meets.

Rick, good to hear from you buddy and hopefully wild horses will not prevent your attendance, or chasing wolves, remember the old saying 9/10 of ownership is possession (re the parachute).

Bushwhacker, i take it you will require a space preparing, along with a small tarp and something to lie on? Consider it done.Oh and will you be bringing the famous Dorset rohipnol?

Hi Darren, its been way too long my friend, seeing as it is one of the shortest most level walks to a site, i presume you will bring an array of sharps, for us all to drool over, and am looking forward to brushing up on my kit knowledge.

He Adam! Sorry i could not make the Christmas do,so will be good to catch up, have you had a chance to make my sheath? I am looking forward to putting that knife through it's paces. If it suits you can come a day or two early.Oh and tell Jon he is more than welcome, i will need to know if he is bringing the marquee.

I will drag my lazy carcass over to the Dartmoor Bushcraft site thingy and post a little something, for Freddy, Mayo, Badger etc..

Ivan...

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Blimey! Quite a turn-out seems to be in prospect. I start to feel the first pangs of envy.

Asking Adam to arrive early is a great idea - he can help you put up Rick's parachute.

Parking could be an issue. Do you want me to return my car-park attendant's uniform?

GM

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Bushwhacker, i take it you will require a space preparing, along with a small tarp and something to lie on? Consider it done.Oh and will you be bringing the famous Dorset rohipnol?

Ivan...

Cheers Ivan, I'll bring my tarp and rollmat, but won't bother putting it up if it ain't raining. Just so long as there's somewhere to hunker down on the deck out of the wind, I'll be good.
Dorset rohypnol will be about, plus something a little bit different - some folks down the road have started producing vodka from their cows milk, I've had a blast on it and it's pretty tasty.

A

andyBruce

Gosh, looking like a busy one, think i might give it a miss!!! :)

also, can anybody tell me why this website is telling me my foot is tender?

A

andyBruce

Low(ish) post count?

That makes sense, not keen on this modern technology thing!

Might make an appearance! If I can reserve a spot (Ivan?) :)

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Andy, you can no doubt whittle yourself a 5 bed log cabin in an hour or two :p.

Ivan, Bluetongue (Kev) has decided it's time to join the fun and would like a spot if that's ok?
He'll be bringing his (my second) 12 year old daughter too so the girls together will be a force to be reckoned with. They should all be able to cook something by 12/13 is my thinking!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Mr Newman, you never paid for the hi vis jacket you procured from the original company, but it is very good of you to offer return of said item, as it appears you will be in a warmer country.

Mr Marvel, a very logical suggestion in relation to parking of vehicles, once we have all arrived and unloaded we will put your cunning plan into action, see later in depth post for other involvement.

Richie, i think it is a very good idea that Kev honour us with his presence, along with his budding chef.

Mr Bruce, now don't be shy, your special spot will be reserved, and we are very much looking forward to much whittling and carving of all the things we have forgotten.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Proposed planned activities for the Big One!

We are hoping to have a catapult competition, an air rifle competition and a spoon carving exercise (blanks provided).

For those wishing to there is the chance to experience how to fell a tree, trim it out and log it up (basic chainsaw tuition, obviously!)

Also the one log challenge, which involves boiling enough water for a hot drink and a special round of applause for the longest burning log.

Hopefully we will get chance between us to build a shelter.

Because of the time of year, the sap should be rising and hopefully we should be able to tap some birch.

We may also get the chance to go on a mushroom/fungi wild forage/bimble, including tree ID (Please Steve M if you'd be so kind sir!)

If enough people are interested, we have the opportunity of having an archery competition at an organised site within a mile of camp (minimum 6 confirmed people needed to make this possible)

Just a reminder could everyone who will require a chair to bring it with them.

Atb

Ivan...

Dec 18, 2010
bristol
cheers Ivan :You_Rock_- (and hello to all) weekend booked - can you PM me with carpark / location / times etc for "Andy's wood"

i will be traveling from bristol so if anyone wants a lift (and Ivan says you can come) and you are not too far off the route let me know.

looks like i will have to brush up on my spoon carving skills - i once made a nice stick! (it burnt well so maybe i have a chance in one of the other competitions?)

will some of your pots form up into a dutch oven? if so let me know and i will tandoori up a couple of chickens to go in them.

cheers

steve - "i was looking at the view while crossing westminster bridge from south of the river at about 7:50 on wednesday morning and heard a helecopter - the cloud was low (i couldnt see the tops of the short building let alone the big ones) and i thought at the time it was a brave pilot to fly in this, i assumed it must have been clearer a bit higher up - apparently not - i dont like that london danger everywhere (even from above) - looking forward to some time in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE