The best Bushcraft Knife UK vs US. Pictures please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tylerjwhite

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2013
USA
As you say - each to their own. I remember the first time someone here saw an unsheathed knife hanging from my wrist lanyard they about freaked. But I was taught not to put a knife on the ground and I'm not going to put a bloody or dirty knife back in a leather sheath every time I need both hands, so just letting it hang off the lanyard makes sense to me.

I do this all the time. It just seems logical to me.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See I don't do that....a bloody and messy lanyard gets me beyond irritated, but then I don't like paracord wrapped handles either. There's always someway to put the knife safely near hand, even if it's on whatever I'm going to use to clean it with before I put it back in the sheath.
The Aitor I used the other day has a lanyard and I took it off before I used it....commented to Himself that I really couldn't see why they bothered putting it on it.

Again, each to their own :)

M

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
I think virtually every scout in the 40's to the early 90's had one of those leather stacked handled 'bowie' type knives.
Tbh a decent folding pocket knife was a lot more use.

It taught a heck of a lot of us though that the guard was an annoyance that gets in the way for an awful lot of tasks..

Most jobs can be done with a pocketknife, however I'm a boy scout who never grew up...
& I take joy & pleasure from using a knife not on the list prescribed by Mors & Ray :yikes:

The guard question depends on the tasks required, & grips used & preference..:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE