The average sized Bushcrafter!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I am a fair size I guess but when I ordered my new ventile SASS smock the other day Paul asked me if I am or was a bodybuilder when taking down my messurements for my smock and trousers!So this got me thinking,am I really that big,I dont feel big to me allthough I do feel heavier than I would like. I am 6 feet tall,48 inch chest,19 inch neck,38 inch waist(fat bugger :D ) 32 inch leg,17 inch upper arm,13 and half inch forearm,19 inch calf,26 inch thigh!May seem a strange post but as I say I don't feel all that big,I know I am not a flyweight but I don't feel like a heavyweight either!

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I have weird stats as well, try getting cloths with this lot

Waist 38, thigh 30, chest 52 arms 20 neck 20 a very weird combination!

I'm sure when silverback's stats go up they will be unreal

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
My back ground is rugby and now moving into strength sports,

No drugs - absolutely hate em and all the distructiveness they have brought to the sport I love

I do alot of physiological testing of sports people and it is rife in many sports which is a shame!

Most people are big through too many pies and chocolate!

But they taste so good!

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
When I was hiring a suit for a daughter's wedding,the guy said that I didn't fit in with the usual shapes and sizes.Arms too long for chest measurements,that sort of thing.

Let's face it,we are unique,just like everybody else. :)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Dave, do you need to be that big to do powerlifting? The reason I ask is that as you know I'm a tree surgeon and spend quite a bit of time lifting heavy things. I've got a freelance climber that does a fair bit of work for me who is tiny compared to you. He's about 5'8, 30" waist, 42" chest and normal sized arms and legs...however, by god he can lift some things and do it all day without stopping. He can lift about half as much again as me (and I'm not tiny by any means) and keep going and going and going!

I've watched him pick up 2' diametre rounds of 10" deep green beech and hoist them onto his shoulder and then carry them from back garden to front and chuck them on the wagon time after time after time.

As for arm wrestling......have any of you seen the flim "The Fly"...lol :lmao:

I'd be really interested to know what he could do in a power lifting comp :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
The organisation I belong to (British Drug Free Powerlifting Association) is tested both in and out of competition however we do not have blood doping and I am sorry to say that I think a lot of the enhancers are sitting in that camp at the moment

It is a real shame! It does wind me up, there are differn't organsation that will turn a blind eye if you chose to go down that route yet people still compete in drug free groups who blatenly aren't! The advent of certain peptides/desiner steroids is causing allsorts of issues in top level sport, what is even more intresting is that the number 1 source is China host of the next olympics!

Despite the fact that people on the whole are getting bigger it is of constant irritation to me that the clothing industry seems largely oblivious to the fact

And when you do find something that fits the chest they asume you have the gutt to match! :lmao:

(sorry, very off topic!)

So how big is the average Mammoth killer?

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Well Ive got to say I wish I was smaller than what I am and feel too muscular for my height,at the gym I train at we have a middleweight that is the body beautiful type and as with most overly muscular types he runs out of gas much more quickly than the less muscular and those of a more racing snake build,he really struggles to go the three rounds,Iam guessing he would have been a welterweight had he not built himself up!

Silverback!!! fair play to you mate,I hate bullying types myself so well done overcoming it and them.A lad I went to school with basically has had his life ruined by bullies,his head is so messed up his life is over basically!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hight 5'6"
Chest 44"
Waist 36"
Inseam 27"
Weight various but around 14 stone
Shortish arms

Not a total freak but still not able to buy too much off the peg - which is why I learned to sew, which lead to a Fashion Design diploma, which lead to designing for outdoor clothing companies, which lead to writing DIY clothing and equipment books, which lead to writing for magazines, which lead to writing hiking guides, which lead to leading trekking expeditions which lead to lots of fun!

Even disadvantages lead to advantages in life!

However some things p*ss me off big time - copies of my book "Discovery Walks in Carmarthenshire" for which I got about 60p per copy are now changing hands for around £50 ......!
And the publisher did not want to reprint it when it came to the end of the first print run!

Sorry - a bit off topic....

John

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
John Fenna said:
Hight 5'6"
Chest 44"
Waist 36"
Inseam 27"
Weight various but around 14 stone
Shortish arms

Not a total freak but still not able to buy too much off the peg - which is why I learned to sew, which lead to a Fashion Design diploma, which lead to designing for outdoor clothing companies, which lead to writing DIY clothing and equipment books, which lead to writing for magazines, which lead to writing hiking guides, which lead to leading trekking expeditions which lead to lots of fun!

Even disadvantages lead to advantages in life!

However some things p*ss me off big time - copies of my book "Discovery Walks in Carmarthenshire" for which I got about 60p per copy are now changing hands for around £50 ......!
And the publisher did not want to reprint it when it came to the end of the first print run!

Sorry - a bit off topic....

John
Interestingly Jon I guess your the man to ask really as you know all about canoeing and stuff,I guess the best canoeist's are not overly large or big but light and still of a powerfull build!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
CLEM said:
Interestingly Jon I guess your the man to ask really as you know all about canoeing and stuff,I guess the best canoeist's are not overly large or big but light and still of a powerfull build!

Actually the guy who assessed my five star was quite humungous in all dimentions....
Most canoeists seem to have a big beard, a big hat and a big belly...I fit right in!
John

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
John Fenna said:
Actually the guy who assessed my five star was quite humungous in all dimentions....
Most canoeists seem to have a big beard, a big hat and a big belly...I fit right in!
John
Marvelous,me being a bit of a heavy lump aint going to be a problem then! :)

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
w00dsmoke said:
This thread may sound a bit GAY I guess matey :D . Reason I made this thread was because when I placed my order with SASS they seemed to feel that I was very very large but I don't like I say feel all that big myself yet SASS seemed to think I was! Ive been told that most special forces chaps are usually of the small wirey build! Dunno how true that is mind you.

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Silverback said:
Height 5'9"
Chest 52"
Waist 36"
Arms 18.5"
Thighs 27"

100% TART :lmao:

No drugs - absolutely hate em and all the distructiveness they have brought to the sport I love :(

dave.jpg
I think Tengu has some old tyres if you ever need a swing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE