The average sized Bushcrafter!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rod

On a new journey
bambodoggy said:
Dave, do you need to be that big to do powerlifting? The reason I ask is that as you know I'm a tree surgeon and spend quite a bit of time lifting heavy things. I've got a freelance climber that does a fair bit of work for me who is tiny compared to you. He's about 5'8, 30" waist, 42" chest and normal sized arms and legs...however, by god he can lift some things and do it all day without stopping. He can lift about half as much again as me (and I'm not tiny by any means) and keep going and going and going!

I've watched him pick up 2' diametre rounds of 10" deep green beech and hoist them onto his shoulder and then carry them from back garden to front and chuck them on the wagon time after time after time.

As for arm wrestling......have any of you seen the flim "The Fly"...lol :lmao:

I'd be really interested to know what he could do in a power lifting comp :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Hi Bam - most climbers will be able to 'lift' their entire body weight + a full rack of kit and rope with one finger.

I say "lift" as they may in reality be holding on with just one finger and the drop beneath may be 'pant soiling' :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE