The 50 quid challenge (ish)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Right, my bank just gave me 50 quid, which I reckon is rather nice, and I was thinking of spending it on something bushcrafty, but I'm not sure what. Not a knife, I'm sure of that :nono: :lol: I can't make my mind up... if you folks had a bit of spare cash what might you spend it on? :?:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
if it happened to me right now i would probably get a water pump.. its one of those things i have never splashed out on (thinking i will jus keep on with puri-tabs) but i would like to have one.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
arctic hobo said:
Not a knife, I'm sure of that :nono: :lol:

:yikes: Are you mad ? you always NEED a new knife :eek:):

Seriously ,If it was me i'd have a nice new sleeping bag but like Andy said we need to know what you have already.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Abuser said:
Jake would get drunk!!

Look, short people spend less money on booze!

You know AH, for £50 you could get yourself a nice Allan Blade knife, oh yeah sorry...;) :D :D

Well, you could spend an extra £30 ang get a hennessey?

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
arctic hobo said:
Right, my bank just gave me 50 quid, which I reckon is rather nice, and I was thinking of spending it on something bushcrafty, but I'm not sure what. Not a knife, I'm sure of that :nono: :lol: I can't make my mind up... if you folks had a bit of spare cash what might you spend it on? :?:

Buy a drinking horn! You could drink mead from it and awesome stuff like that, or you could just wear it on a baldrick and shout "Yarrrrgh!" a lot. Either way, it'd be the best possible use of fifty sobs!

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Rhapsody, I am so, so tempted :rolmao: you get the award for the coolest idea on here :biggthump
Right now a train ticket to somewhere would be wonderful. Keep 'em coming, they don't have to apply to me, it's a bit of fun :wave:

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Never mind the train. Flights are so cheap, how about Bristol to Faro for £58 and hiking back from there?

[I tried to insert a screen grab of the cost from Easy Jet, but failed miserably. Why does the simple cut-n-paste not work?]

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Dunno what you already have mate, but I'd go with the bivi bag, thermarest Idea

If tou already have those, perhaps a decent billy can and a Trangia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE