The 10 minute Bucksaw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Dewi
The toolstation blades - go for the more expensive ones that they sell, they cut much better than the cheaper ones. I do have some of the cheap ones spare if you want them..... ;)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I think Kelly there was seperated at birth from that chemistry teacher in breaking bad.
Anyone else notice the likeness?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Run into a bit of a problem with the buck saw build... I was going to use beech, but I was told today it wouldn't stand the test of time.

Rang the local joinery shop. They've recommended ash or I can try oak.

So ash or oak?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Righto... I will collect it in the morning and crack on.

Local joinery shop is probably better than any timber yard I've been to... not that they need any trumpet blowing, but they produce some of the finest joinery work... everything from gates to window frames to staircases... they really are top notch. They use pretty much everything in there, so getting an offcut of this or that isn't hard... but better than that, they will plane it down to size, cut it to length... really rather helpful chaps.

Saying that, I did have to explain what a buck saw was lol

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dave, best way I have found to transport a bowsaw blade is insie the pocket of my rucksack where the internal frame lives. Kept one of those slide on blade covers and it (a 24" blade) just slides right in. No bending, springing etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE