Thats not a carving tool this is a carving tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
kool vid.....think i might modify this.....

BILL2LOW.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Impressive, but I found myself wincing too many times, even though I knew he wasn't going to slip just seeing his technique was unsettling. Lovely finished carving though. I'm guessing that wood's very green.

That pull saw he uses at the end. I've got a smaller version of one of those and they are AMAZING!! Makes me wonder how I've lasted as a carpenter without one all these years. I've retired my gent saw and dovetail saw now and rarely use my tenon saw either.

Thanks for posting that nitram55

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
I love this video, and over the years I have watched it many times. The tool is scary and I am not sure about the jarring effects of the pushing cuts, at the beginning of the video, on the arm. The skill is simply amazing especially the symmetry in the wings, just fantastic.
Not sure if the wood is green, just a feeling but I may be wrong

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I love this video, and over the years I have watched it many times. The tool is scary and I am not sure about the jarring effects of the pushing cuts, at the beginning of the video, on the arm. The skill is simply amazing especially the symmetry in the wings, just fantastic.
Not sure if the wood is green, just a feeling but I may be wrong

I would go with you there Sean, doesn't sound or move right to me to be green, very fine work indeed!

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Impressive, but I found myself wincing too many times, even though I knew he wasn't going to slip just seeing his technique was unsettling. Lovely finished carving though. I'm guessing that wood's very green.

That pull saw he uses at the end. I've got a smaller version of one of those and they are AMAZING!! Makes me wonder how I've lasted as a carpenter without one all these years. I've retired my gent saw and dovetail saw now and rarely use my tenon saw either.

Thanks for posting that nitram55

Same here I have seen this a couple times before but I think I will stick to my axe safer LOL

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE