Thanks to a kindly native american!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
snowshoes001.jpg

Thanks to a kind Native American - the postie brought me these today!! :super:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey!!!! They look cool as Mate! I've only used show shoes once and so am no expert...I'm sure the modern ones are lighter and all that but these ones really look the part (I mean that in a nice romantic way not a kit fetish way).

If I was ever going to use snow shoes I'd want the more traditional ones like these....

Lucky you...nice one :wave:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
bambodoggy said:
Hey!!!! They look cool as Mate! I've only used show shoes once and so am no expert...I'm sure the modern ones are lighter and all that but these ones really look the part (I mean that in a nice romantic way not a kit fetish way).

If I was ever going to use snow shoes I'd want the more traditional ones like these....

Lucky you...nice one :wave:

I agree mate - (not in a romantic way!)

As with a leather sheath and a wooden handle, as with woollen shirt over gore-tex - somethings just are right and some gear is just wrong!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Ed said:
Very nice gary :biggthump I can just see you in the snow popping down the newsagents to get the paper......

Ed

I dont read papers mate - I'm opinionated enough without reading their drivel!

These are for Norway!! Although come the next ice age :rolmao: :rolmao:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Andy said:
How big are snow shoes?

It's something I know nothing about

Andy, size is dicated by weight - in the case of that pair they are 14 x 48" as I intend to be packing some gear and maybe towing the rest.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Borderreiver they weight about 2 lb each.

Hoodoo make says GV SINCE 1959 and has a picture of a Polar bear looking at its butt!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE