Thanks for the Moot!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A big thank you to all who made the Pre Moot course and the Moot itself so fantastic ensureing that I laughed until I hurt, learned loads of new stuff, have added to my "must do projects" list (already full to overload) and most importantly suffered the usual ritual humiliations.....
Special thanks to Tony, Shelly and all the Mods, Eric, Steve, Capn Badger and Dave Budd (my victim this year and who now has 12 months to plan his revenge!)
I will try and post pictures here soonest!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
5d604cb7-fc2b-fda2.jpg

And...

5d604cb7-fc42-629d.jpg

Missed the pentagram...

Another great moot. Still got a bit to drive home, doing that tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for making it great.

Hopefully I will be able to upload pics in the next couple days and hopefully we can get scots corner back up and running next year.
May even be tempted to run a workshop next year.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I own up to the Pentagram, gibbet and Poppet - and the smiley face which you also missed (oops - no it is in the background along with the coke bottle,,,)- but not the "run away"......

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Well I was lucky enough to obtain one of the knives and sheaths you have made. Was trying to catch up to show you but just dissapered like an elf.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Always good to catch up with the folks at the moot, shame so many of my friends only get together once a year :(

As for John's practical joke, I knew there would be something good to come (not sure that 'looking forward to it' is the right term, but I have been curious all year). It was a good one and I certainly did look forward to the next offering to be left at the alter of the forge! The 'run away, run away!' was left by a copycat (Josh), I think in attempt to make me even more paranoid. All good fun :)

My turn now.... :naughty:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
A big thank you to all who made the Pre Moot course and the Moot itself so fantastic ensureing that I laughed until I hurt, learned loads of new stuff, have added to my "must do projects" list (already full to overload) and most importantly suffered the usual ritual humiliations.....
Special thanks to Tony, Shelly and all the Mods, Eric, Steve, Capn Badger and Dave Budd (my victim this year and who now has 12 months to plan his revenge!)
I will try and post pictures here soonest!

It was a great time at the moot in the company of John and Roly.. Dingly Dell certainly rocked :D As for your humiliations John, I can't wait for Tony to post the pictures of this mornings adventure :rofl:

I thoroughly enjoyed myself meeting old friends and making new ones and I can't wait for next years one :)

Hope everyone had a great time and that all the planning regarding Bushcraft Betty paid off!

Oh yes... the planning worked to perfection. Once the videos have been edited they'll be posted for everyone to see what happened. In the meantime I can say it was a classic but John was a great sport and I feel he thought it was worth it to get his very own Bushcraft Betty card :lmao: :lmao:

The food I enjoyed ....the Spork was a constant worry....

Tell folks how many sporks you've now got John... :rolleyes:

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Aye thanks everyone. Me and the family had a great time and are already asking when the next one is. Thanks for making first timers so welcome and to everyone who organised / ran workshops etc.

Snozz

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Brilliant Moot! It was great to meet up with old friends and to make new ones.
So many things to do & so little time, oh well there's always next year's moot untill then I guess there's always the project pile.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE