Tesco pot belly stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
I picked one of these up for £7.50, so thanks for the heads up guys.

After putting it together, I had an epiphany and a question.

The question is what is the value of having such a large air space under the coal grate? I asume so you can remove it and then add logs.

When looking more closely at the grill plate, I realised that any sausage weighing only a gram would quite probably fall through and be ruined.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Well impressed so far. We had some good coals going on this tonight. Wrapped up corn in it's leaf in foil, and some skewers of sausage, peppers, home grown cherry tomatoes and red onions. The iron radiated the heat so that it was warm to sit next to as we ate off the grill. I'm off tomorrow to get another one.

Still don't get the 'pot belly bit'.

markphelan

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2011
Birmingham UK
Had one of these for years - take it camping with us and use it for small BBQs in the back garden. It's starting to show its age a bit now, but still works pretty well. At £7.50 it's a bargain - even just for the cast iron grill on top!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE