Tesco down sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi, I no this item has been reviewed on here several ties but I cant seem to find the information I want -

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-7415.aspx

At 19.50 for a down bag its a bargain!!

My questions are these, how small does it actually compress down to and I know its a mummy type bag but what are the dimensions when its open?

According to tesco its 55cm but surly thats gotta be wrong??

Like I say I have read about these on here and if the info is on here and I missed it I apologise but Im rubbish navigating forums lol

Cheers for your help

Steve

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
i'll get mine out when i get back in and measure for you, but i'm pretty sure the 55cm is the zipped closed width at the top.

I'm 6ft 5 but quite skinny and its just fits me length wise, width wise theres no problems.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Had mine out the other night. 11 degrees, underquilt, sleeping in tshirt and shorts, using the tesco bag as a top quilt. i was toasty warm, but then 11 isnt that cold i suppoise. Might get a second one for colder weather, as its small light and i cant afford a better one!

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I would say 9 to 10oc in your kecks and t shirt is fine any lower and you want clothes on...got to say they are quite a tight bag I hope you havent got a 50" chest.
I paid £37 and are worth the money for a summer only bag.
d

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I rather like the look of this one Tesco Micro-lite Mummy Sleeping Bag.

Now just need a tescos.

Nope they're kack.

I'm 5' 5" and although plenty of room it feels claustrophobic at times, also the baffle along the zip is always catching and snagging in the zip teeth.

Sorry Minotaur but the build quality is guff, you'd be better off with a tesco envelope style mate.

Cheers

Liam

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Oh dear dont say that Miyagi, Iv just ordered 2 of these today on the back of great reviews lol, so a down bag for 19.50, do you still think they are rubbish mate??

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
No Jacko,

I was referring to Minotaur buying the cheaper micro lite tesco bag, your down bags will be a different kettle of fish and much better.

Cheers

Liam

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
No Jacko,

I was referring to Minotaur buying the cheaper micro lite tesco bag, your down bags will be a different kettle of fish and much better.

Cheers

Liam

Ah I see, tbh we have one of the micro lite bags too, it compacts down incredibaly small and seems to do my 5 year old ok!

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Ive had one a couple of years. Unfortunately its at the other end of the country as Im mid moving.
It packs down really small, maybe 4 times the size of my fist at a guess when packed with a silk liner (i use a small sea to summit compression bag and achieve pretty much maximum compression on that). I just recently had it out on a 2 night canoe trip on loch enicht at 1200ft, it was forecast to be down as low as 6 overnight, and with my silk liner and and a fleece jumper I was toasty. I find you need the liner as it is polyester inside and out. The build quality is pretty pants and the zips do snag easily and it doesnt really have an effective neck baffle..... but for under £20 I am not complaining, it serves its purpose amicably and has lasted well so far. Hope you have many happy and warm evenings with your purchase.

Colin

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
just bought one of the down bags form Tesco today. First impressions are good especially for the price. The zip isn't great but I'm planning on using it mainly as an overquilt so that doesn't bother me too much. Impressed by the small pack size.

Word of warning, they are £25 in store and they won't match online price :(

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I took delivery of my down sleeping bags yesterday, and I must amit Im impressed!! I normally tke large to extra large clothes and am 5 ft 11 so was a bit worried they would be a bit small but there is plenty of room in it!!

So basically, 2 mummy down sleeping bags, 2 fleece sleeping bag liners delivered £55, sounds good to me!!

Cheers
Steve

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Got back a couple of days ago from camping with the kids, 8 nights in kent with the downsleeping bag and fleece liners, I must admit I am mega impressed and definately give the tesco down sleeping bags a thumbs up!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE