terrible news

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I got a call at 12:30 this afternoon from my eldest daughter, "Dad, I'm OK"

What?

"Someone has gone round shooting people in town"

My daughter lives in Whitehaven with her mam.

Apart from Lurch who lives in the area, I am sure there are a few guys or girls on here from Whitehaven or nearby.

Thoughts are with those whose lives have been changed today.

Wings

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I got a call at 12:30 this afternoon from my eldest daughter, "Dad, I'm OK"

What?

"Someone has gone round shooting people in town"

My daughter lives in Whitehaven with her mam.

Apart from Lurch who lives in the area, I am sure there are a few guys or girls on here from Whitehaven or nearby.

Thoughts are with those whose lives have been changed today.

Wings

At least you found out about it that way. You could have had a very anxious few minutes.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Turns out I had spoken with one of the victims a few years back during arrangements for contact with my daughter when she was a lot younger. Solicitor Kevin Commons from Milburns solicitors.

Wings

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Unfortunatley the gun ban discussion has already sparked off on the radio and UKPoliceOnline forum. They couldn't even wait a respectful amount of time before getting on the bandwagon.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
David Cameron has said there should not be a "knee-jerk reaction" to changing the laws on gun ownership after 12 people were shot dead in Cumbria.

The prime minister said everything must be done to make sure it "cannot happen again", but existing controls were among the "toughest" in the world.

He added: "You can't legislate to stop a switch flicking in someone's head and this sort of dreadful action taking place."

There's more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10225885.stm

So hopefully there will be a reasoned and intelligent reaction to these shocking and sad events, which are fortunately rare.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE