Tentsile

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What stops everything sliding down into the middle bit ?

Interesting, but I think you could fair do yourself a mischief getting in and out, especially in the dark or wet.

We need a review :D

cheers,
M

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
It worries me that half the pics on the sites gallery are computer generated images. I don't think i'd put any money into it unless I could see videos of real life actual use.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I couldn't get the video to load from the site. I thought it was my computer tbh :dunno: I'm on the ancient windows one tonight.

cheers,
M

emrock

Nov 17, 2011
East Anglia
I think the statement of being the most versatile tent in the world is a bit tongue in cheek. I mean if you don't have lots of large trees and a ladder handy it is pretty much useless. In fact it may well be the least versatile tent in the world, in that I really cannot think of a single occassion when I would want one.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
5 - 8 kg for a two-man set-up? That strikes me as just too darn heavy to be practical. The design is intriguing but not persuasive enough for me to sample it, given that the immediate images (i.e. the 360 look) is a rather indifferent cartoon. I think I will wait and watch but, for the moment, as the Dragons say, "I'm out".

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Definitly an interesting concept and innovation is always a good thing ~ but that isn't to say that it always gets it right ;) .

"Is it progress if a cannibal uses a knife and fork?" - Stanislaw J. Lec

Personally I'd prefer ...

zZz0w.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK for wooded areas - not so versatile for other places though!
In natural disaster footage I have seen (huricanes, earthquakes etc) trees are amongst the last places I would want to be as they seem to do a lot of falling over....
It seems as logical as digging a bunker in a floodplain in flood season.....

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I think that these will sell- in limited numbers. Not to the red cross et al for disaster relief (how much does a cheap canvas/PVC tent cost compared to this!), but for the numerous 'glamping campsites' that are cropping up everywhere- the type that have a few tipis or yurts permanently pitched for a season.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE