tentipi question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

toptec

Sep 3, 2009
manchester
Hi all,
Just got a second hand Tentipi 7 lightweight of the Bay. SWMBO will not camp in it unless it's bugproof. So without going to great cost has anyone tried to fit a bedroom with SIG into one,the Tentip inner is outragous in cost,and we're on a tight budget.
Steve

bearbait

You could try just rigging a regular mozzie net in it somehow, maybe using grip clips or similar. Or maybe get yourself a Golite Hex 3 (or Shangri La) nest and pitch that inside. (Or any other tent that's all bug netting.) I think there's a company that makes half-sized Shangri La nests; that may serve you.

I'd suggest trying the simple regular mozzie net first.

Enjoy your trips...

toptec

Sep 3, 2009
manchester
Many thanks for your input, I had wondered if we could use a small dome tent inside as a bedroom, & quickly take it down during the day,for more room.
That should please SWMBO I hope!!
Steve

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie
Just get a cheap groundsheet and then lay thick blankets over roll mats or whatever, to make it cosy and psychologically comfortable for her. You can also add some large cushions or similar. Adding another tent inside sounds awful.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
If you have the Tentipi groundsheet then it can be a pretty bug-proof set-up. Get some flat top groundsheet pegs from Outwell or similar, and peg the valance of the tent down inside underneath the groundsheet, then lay the groundsheet out and cinch it down taut on top of the pegged valance. You can always put stuff round the edges to make it better.

We've never had a bug invasion using ours. Mind you I did see a Devil's coachman (2 inches long) crawling into the house yesterday and I wouldn't fancy waking up with one of those on my face….http://www.flickr.com/photos/25258702@N04/5105434691/

The Tentipi inner isn't bugproof either as it only has mossie netting at the top, not midgie netting.

Another idea is the army-style bug netting mini-dome. I think Highlander sell them.http://www.marshallleisure.co.uk/in...tm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed#google

Last edited:

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
I got a green mossi net from tesco that fits my Vango two person tipi fine. I attatch it with bulldog clips to the seam on the edge of the bathtub. It's go tno gap, so you have to lift it to get in, but that's no problem. I think it was about a tenner. It says on the pack that it's got a built in groundsheet, but it hasn't.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE