Tent Advice Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
Need some help, I need to buy a tent which can sleep 4 + or two 40 year old fat fellas. Will be vehicle camping so need to worry about weight. I am interested in these two oz tent or bergans lavvo, I like that I can stand up in both the lavvo is cheaper is more transportable and can hold a stove (not sure I will ever need this) the oz tent is easy to put up and has a porch ? Anyone can help out with by giving own experience or knowledge of either one or have better choices. Cheers

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I've no experience of either of the tents you mention, but have a few Helsport tents and rate them highly.

Have you considered the Helsport Kongsvold 8-10 Camp, or the Varanger Camp? These are Lavu style, made of modern lightweight fabrics, with the advantage of a porch area...I'd give the good folk at Tamarack Outoors a call, as they stock them both (and are the UK dealer, IIRC, for Helsport).

www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk

Simon

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Some of the larger tents get very cumbersome. Have you considered, say, a couple of smaller tents plus a tarp? You can get a much larger area for cooking and general daytime use, for very little extra weight.

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
I have both a varanger and an oztent and both great. The oztent needs a large vehicle with roofrack and positively instant to erect.
Varanger could be carried and more versatile, no issues in most weather conditions and great for heating.
What sort of info are you after?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
I think I will choose the Oz tent as I have a landy, but now which one? Thanks for your advice guys much appreciated

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE