Ten Best Survival experts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Ok normally I don't get involved in any of this stuff but apparently there is a pole going on on the TOP TEN SURVIVAL EXPERTS. I stopped by to vote and noticed Ray Mears is 4th and Mors Kochanski is in 12th place you have to be kidding me RIGHT????
So it is time to get some voters in gear and straighten this pole out.

http://www.thetoptens.com/best-survival-experts/

Good luck and get voting.

Abe

Of course it is wrong. Ray Mears should top the list.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
It must be quite humbling for the people that have been placed higher on the list than Mors Kochanski. :)

For me the top three:

1. Mors
2. Ray
3. Les
Etc, etc

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
These list come up from time to time. They are sometimes a measure only of the ignorant and myopic views of people who vote in polls. Dora the Explorer could come top and no one who counts would give a monkey's that they weren't on it. Its all muppetry, I reckon.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
The top ten "real" survival experts are probably in tribes somewhere in the Amazon or Antarctica.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The top ten "real" survival experts are probably in tribes somewhere in the Amazon or Antarctica.

I did think that my self but I dont think either would cope very well in the others environment.

I dont think either of the "top" blokes would like to be on a list like that.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I did think that my self but I dont think either would cope very well in the others environment.

Good point that, didn't think of it as a "global" survival expert. They probably wouldn't it's more of a macho competition, which is why Mors and Ray were quite far down.

But in reality there probably is no super survivor man who can live wild anywhere, he just won't exist, they would have kicked the bucket before they knew everything there was to know ;).

Last edited:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
1. Bond James Bond
2. Jason Bourne
3. Robinson Crusoe
4. The A Team
5. Lara Croft
6. Tin Tin
7. Biggles
8. Mick Dundee
9. Derek Flint
10. Tom Hanks

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
There is no such thing as a survival expert. I'm not sure Mears would even like being in this list if he saw it. Knowing Ray he'd probably just shrug it off. Lists are silly business.

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
There is no such thing as a survival expert.

There is such thing as a survival expert just not for all environments, like I said before, Amazonian tribes, the San bushmen etc are survival experts just only specific to their environment.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
There is no such thing as a survival expert. I'm not sure Mears would even like being in this list if he saw it. Knowing Ray he'd probably just shrug it off. Lists are silly business.

Hi, i don't suppose Ray cares where or if he even figures on the list, but i think, in the mad fast paced world we live, we all have to be survival experts, we are all presented with different issues and challenges every day, and i feel if you can wake up, feel good about yourself, not hurt anyone or anything, achieve what you set out to accomplish, get in to bed at night, sleep soundly, then you have survived!

We all spend far too much time worrying about, stuff we shouldn't , but it is unavoidable if you live in brown envelope land!

Ivan...

If you have your health, you have everything!

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
There is such thing as a survival expert just not for all environments, like I said before, Amazonian tribes, the San bushmen etc are survival experts just only specific to their environment.
Well yes, that's true. The real experts, as you say, are probably the native men and woman of the wilds. They grew up in their land and know it intimately. I can imagine the mindset of an Amazon tribesman is very similar to ancient man.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE