Ten Best Survival experts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
i've just had a chat with my 3 year old...after all it seemed on his level....and we've decided its thomas the tank engine.

seriously....just watch any of the new episodes and see the hell these trains come through on a daily basis....crashes, extreme weather, stranded in remote locations....on mountains, in tunnels etc etc.

hiro comes in second and then its stephen. james doesnt even place because hes a wuss. and as for the fat controller....he acts like hes hard but cant get by a day without half a dozen eggs and a load of pancakes or scones. useless i tell ye.

a

ps.....remember.....be of the ray...not of the bear.

No. We're back into the classifying by environment again. Can you seriously Tell me Thomas will outdo Pingu in the Artic?

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Here you go, some real world survivors.. Some nice images here..

http://www.boredpanda.org/vanishing-tribes-before-they-pass-away-jimmy-nelson/

Go here to access more details on the tribes, well worth a look methinks.

http://www.beforethey.com/#meetthetribes

A sample

2aty7e8y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1. That San guy in the Kalahari
2. That Inuit Guy in Canada
3. That Hadza guy in Tanzania
4. That Abo guy in Arnhemland
5. That Apache guy in Arizona
6. That Tapirape guy in Brazil
7. That Pygmie guy in the Congo
8. That Yupik guy in Siberia
9. That Sambian guy in New Guinea
10. That Homeless guy in any huge city.
[h=1][/h]

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
"Rodger Mear", he's the man, or at least one of them, and so is Woody, who walked to the south pole and then spent a winter "Scott-esque-style-cabined-up" in the antarctic, which included a fight for his life in a tussle with a leopard seal.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-Footstep...109&sr=8-1&keywords=in+the+footsteps+of+scott

This book has some real gems for those interested in "fighting off leopard seals" and or arctic/antarctic man powered travel, plus the low down on associated clobber. Rodger digs up some really interesting anecdotal stuff on all the various aspects of arctic/antarctic travel as he prepares himself and his two companions for an "alpine style" walk to the south pole, complete with associated "alpine style" EVAC from the south pole that goes horribly wrong, resulting in an international incident!

I first met Rodger Mear and Gareth Wood in Plas y Brenan outdoor center in 1982 whilst the trip mentioned above was in the planning stage. My pal Al was a VI instructor there at the time and it was on a visit to see him that I was introduced to this pair who were both there working as appointed instructors. Did a little chatting with them around this and other epic adventures that had gone before (and saw the slides), even managed a little climbing, with them and Al, on the Ben the following year, which wasn't without it's own bit of spicy adventure. The year after that they were off on the epic trip, discussed in the book. All in all, a truly compelling read!

I am completely biased, it has to be said :D, but not without good reason :cool:

Last edited:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Did you see the pagan outfit's in another article on that site, brilliant as well. LINK

Wow.. Well spotted indeed. Those are just fantastic, and look toasty warm. I don't know why, but don't they all look so familiar?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wow.. Well spotted indeed. Those are just fantastic, and look toasty warm. I don't know why, but don't they all look so familiar?

They do kick off something from memory. May be a bit warm for a slog up the hill as you say but those cold winter nights would be a breeze. I imagine the neighbourhood dogs may get a bit worried though, mine went mental when he say me in a mask, not a happy puppy.

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
I don't care to be honest.

But I don't know why people do the whole bear vs ray thing. It's like comparing chalk and cheese. Even ray had plenty of bad things to say about bear but bear will tell you himself in interviews etc it's just very different things they do.

Anyone who passes SAS selection in my mind is worthy of respect, not to mention someone who breaks their back, is told they'll never walk again and then climbs Everest, on the tough face.

Ray's a good guy but don't know why he has so much hate for bear. Chill mate, it's not a competition!

Last edited:
May 7, 2005
California
Cody Lundin 15?!

While Canterbury is 2?!

How does that make sense when Canterbury got kicked off the show "Dual Survival" while Lundin is still in it? Cannot wait for the new season!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE