teenage bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

catweasel

Tenderfoot
Dec 10, 2009
rotherham
im 21 now started a few years back, actually it sort of evolved from hunting with my air rifle, stopping out from 9am to 9pm the next day (36 hours) learn't a lot about fire lighting, edible plants and wild cooking (i used to eat what i shot that night)

my sugestion is to get a metal match and learn to light fires with that, that teaches you to prep the tinder, when you have masted that try friction lighting

cheers CW

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I guess Bushcraft is something of a sense. Something you choose to do. And it transforms your view of the world and surroundings. For kids, teenagers and everybody else Bushcraft gives an opportunity to become a different person. Definitely a better one. So I say, the sooner you start the better it is. Things you want to try first were mentioned above, but I think there is no limit in how deep you want to travel to the world of the unknown - nature.
I started with fishing at age 9, then about 11 went on to collecting butterfly's. Done my first 5 miles hikes with an older friend (he was 13). And that's what drew me to what I later found out to be - Bushcraft. (by the way, in Lithuania the term does not yet exist and there is no proper translation as people don't practice these skills in a form of choise)

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Im in my teens myself, and although the forums accept us and help us out. I think sometimes the older generation get ratty with usand end up making remarks which are negative. :(

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Im in my teens myself, and although the forums accept us and help us out. I think sometimes the older generation get ratty with usand end up making remarks which are negative. :(

Us "oldies" can be a bit cantankerous sometimes.... We forget sometimes what being a teenager was like (although we can still act like one when the wife isn't watching). Bear with us, i'm sure there's no harm meant :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE