Teddy Tours Neolithic Cave

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I’ve transferred the photo’s over to my Blog :-
as I do not like the loss of control over the photo’s,

Graham_S
You have received an infraction at BushcraftUK: Community Forum.
Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Hi.
Due to a number of complaints from other members, and after reviewing the thread in question (this one), I've awarded an infraction. photo explanation
While you are entitled to your opinion, there is no need to insult people.
Thank you.
Graham_s.
BCUK Mod team.
-------
This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regard the photo’s as my property, that I want to share with BCUK,
but finding I can’t access them, because of “restricted access,” I’ve transferred them to where I can
thanks for your time Danny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well the Met. office Dales weather gave excellent visibility and light winds from the Northwest for today ! guess that’s what the computer told them but they didn’t check Teddy's Fir Cone and piece of Seaweed. Or maybe the weather Jonah, EdS was following me ? Set of in thick low cloud/mist and thinking there might be an inversion layer
went over Fosters Crag SD 72630 – 60717 - 19 miles from home from
Here’s the Crag

dropped down towards Keasden and stopped to photo
A West Riding of Yorkshire road sign

Looking back to Foster’s Crag from road sign

Arrived at parking spot from Adopt a Tree thread (photo posted) and set off up the hill side
heading along Raven Scar with the wind from the South !!!

looking back at a tree in the mist

Lots of scree below the cliffs

Going up steeper

Getting near the cliff base

Find the cave

Set up Teddy's Bistro

Brew on

Tenderized rump steak on coffee brewing

While they were on I went into the cave with my Fenix LD10

I only went in 100 yards then the mud started to become “sticky friend”

Back to the entrance Lavazza coffee waiting and Rump steak on a bed of fresh watercress in a home made bread sandwich
(Canadian Red-spring whole-wheat flour, plus Linseeds Poppy seeds and yellow Sultanas)
with a yellow bell pepper and a glass of Californian Petite Sirah
With the view from the cave of Whernside in cloud

Went straight down from the cave, mainly because I dropped my stick and after watching it go, 2012 Javelin here I come
Looking back from near the road at the cave

Photograph of a milestone on the road

Passed the Adopted Tree on the way back to the van, before driving to Teddy's Bridge

This was to check out the map ref. of the Tree in a Boulder for PhotoGirl, Francesca
Here’s wheresthepath and you can see the tree shadow
http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepa...3861628&lon=-2.41225004196167&gz=19&oz=8&gt=1
Over to Teddy's Bridge the river sinks

and reappears

Top of Whernside highest point in Yorkshire

Went back via Foster’s Crag
Looking at Whernside on left and Inglebourgh on right

Penyghent further right

Pendle Hill looking over Stocks reservoir and the way home.

just thought I’d share – cheers all Danny

Last edited:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Dan, don't you ever, EVER stop sharing these m8, cracking photos and amazing scenery, you keep making me want to visit the area and stomp around a bit.
plus its a cracking thing to cheer you up seeing these pics when you get into work of a morning.
thanks
pete

PhotoGirl

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2010
Lancashire, UK
Dan, don't you ever, EVER stop sharing these m8, cracking photos and amazing scenery, you keep making me want to visit the area and stomp around a bit.
plus its a cracking thing to cheer you up seeing these pics when you get into work of a morning.
thanks
pete

+1 on that. Cheers me up too :) Thanks for the Tree/Boulder Map ref. Keep up the Teddy tours!

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
an epic day out as always Danny,..

fluffs up my Yorkshire pride !!

can i ask where you got the coffee filter from please,....?

Stu

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
an epic day out as always Danny,..
fluffs up my Yorkshire pride !!
can i ask where you got the coffee filter from please,....?
Stu

Hello Highbinder, the stainless mug arrived this morning and it’s a perfect fit, many thanks. I’d spotted a drip coffee attachment in a charity shop last year, it was about 40p as no one knew what it was.

the good thing about it is the x2 cut outs and pips for the inner strainer, which means the coffee can be compressed like Espresso, but I couldn’t find an outdoor mug to fit it. Googling mug sizes came up with the Coleman, but I only saw them for sale in the States. They look and fit like they’ve been made as a unit

once again cheers and look out for it on the Teddy Tours - Danny

I've one of these (Accessories bottom of page, they had an e-bay site) http://www.caphevn.co.uk/buy-vietnamese-coffee-online.html
slightly smaller but works a treat.
ps I've the x2 cup the x1 cup would be far too small

Last edited:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Danny,
Any evidence of prehistoric people in those caves? Wonderful wild country. John

Hi John I read a pamphlet may have been privately printed ages ago titled something like Bone Caves of the Yorkshire Dales and some of them have stuck in my mind as a place to visit one day. Raven scar being one of them, this was the first visit. I’ve just Googled “Bone Caves of the Yorkshire Dales” and got 26,000 results in 0.36 seconds You S*d I’ll never get anything done today now.
cheers Danny

justsun

Nov 14, 2010
italy
that does look an interesting cave ... lot of fog about, even thou it makes the area look more mistic in the photo's

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
that does look an interesting cave ... lot of fog about, even thou it makes the area look more mistic in the photo's

Do you do "Puns" in Italy ?
the above shot is looking at a Cairn across the valley from the cave mouth as I ate my dinner :11doh:
Here's looking at the same Cairn from a large glacial erratic on Scale moor, you can just see it right of centre

better weather that day 5/3/10
I still had the small sprayer with red food colour in the van but no snow today, maybe I need a sign like the Teddy Tour Teas ? and that's getting grubby another project
thanks for reply Danny

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE