Teddy Tours Knotteranum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baz p

Nov 16, 2010
manchester
i hope to meet teddy one day on his travels........those little legs work hard.....a true legend, thanks for sharing, but looking at the size of the bottle compared to teddy one would guess he may have a little problem(glug,glug,glug) if you know what i mean.

justsun

Nov 14, 2010
italy
i noticed in the photo's the colouring in the photo's red green white of the snow the contrast is superb... & the grub too... on the map you edited there's a red flag towards brown hill's beck ...did you reach that point ? or do you know what's there?....

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I’m a member on The Megalithic Portal site (news letter most weeks) and tend to flick through the site looking for interesting places to visit near by. This took my eye :-
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=11650
more research came up with :-

The 2 Brown Hills Beck Barrows are situated on the edges of a clear area in dense pine in Gisburn Forest.
The western barrow consists of a large oval earthen mound up to 8m high with maximum dimensions of 25m by 15m, aligned along the valley. The Grid ref for this barrow is SD75616035.
The massive bowl barrow located to the east of Brown Hills Beck, stands up to 10m high with maximum dimensions of 40m by 30m, the long axis is aligned along the valley. Grid ref SD75656028.

I’ve had a look on the aerial photo side on wheresthepath mapping and it looks easier to follow the Ash Clough Swamp beck down just before the Fair Hill ruin which should lead onto one of the forestry roads, so looks like another Teddy Tour is booked
thanks for reply cheers Danny

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE