Teddy Tours Knotteranum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I’ve transferred the photo’s over to my Blog :- http://teddytourteas.blogspot.com/2011/01/teddy-tours-to-knotteranum.html
as I do not like the loss of control over the photo’s,

Graham_S
You have received an infraction at BushcraftUK: Community Forum.
Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Hi.
Due to a number of complaints from other members, and after reviewing the thread in question (this one), I've awarded an infraction.
While you are entitled to your opinion, there is no need to insult people.
Thank you.
Graham_s.
BCUK Mod team.
-------
This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regard the photo’s as my property, that I want to share with BCUK,
but finding I can’t access them, because of “restricted access,” I’ve transferred them to where I can
thanks for your time Danny.

---------------------------
6th January,
Well its rained most of the week but the Met office dales weather said fine and sunny with good visibility for today (Thursday) so I printed out a map A4 and laminated it from my (to visit) folder, got a chicken breast and a (birds eye) chilli sausage out of the freezer last night.Thawed out by this morning so a little prep before packing haversack :- skin sausage, slit chicken breast, stuff sausage meat and a couple of sun dried tomatoes in then a drizzle of olive oil and wrap in smoked bacon then x2 layers of bacofoil,

finished packing haversack boots on gaiters on Bear in haversack out to van --- it’s raining ! set off anyway Barnoldswick – Gisburn – Bolton by Bowland – Holden, where I left the rain behind – Stocks Reservoir stopped on the causeway looking left

then looking right

and parked by Fosters Crag SD 72630 – 60717 - 19 miles from home
looking back to Stocks

set off along the wall, looking back

from a good Bivy spot (more later) Andybysea another for you !

looking where I’m going

got to the wood and followed the boundary along until the ruin at Fair Hill Fell

set off across the cleared wood but underfoot was treacherous with snow covered brash and sphagnum bog with some of the large trees blown over I called it a day

and looking upwind not before time

landed back at the Bivy spot at Knotteranum SD 73485 – 60884 and lit the Bar-B-Q a stainless sink utensil drainer with some self lighting charcoal helped with meth’s

then the water on for a drip coffee

then the foil parcel on I’ve done this dozens of times so I know 20 minutes first side turn over 15 minutes second

I took a couple of vids with the camera and when I finished I could still hear a tinkle whirring noise at first I thought it was the camera but traced it to a hidden (in the heather) spring about 15 yards East

it was well hidden in the heather but a good flow making this an even better Bivy spot
by now I could smell the Bar-B-Q

as I finished it off with a 2007 Campo Viejo Rioja, the weather began to close in and I was glad to get to the last rise and see the van

my footsteps across the road

and the way home

Last edited:

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
looks like a good time was had i love geting out on my own and do it alot i cant understand these people that always have to have company i will be trying your hunters chicken style thing thanks for the post

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Thanks for posting this Danny. I feel I have shared in aother of Teddy's adventures. Mmm ...Campo Viejo....!

I have just found a bit of Google trivia -

"Knotteranum - Smith suggests that this name should be interpreted as Mnotts [rocky
hill~tops] near a place called Raunum [mountain ashes]."

Were there any Rowans growing there?

Z

Last edited:

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Awesome pics as always! That bivy spot looks spot on :D Looking at that chicken breast stuffed with chillie sausage and wrapped in bacon, reminds me of a scottish version, Chicken breast, stuffed with haggis and wrapped in bacon, I think its called a robroy or something. mmmm yummy :D

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Good Stuff Danny,Gathered the kids around again to show them teddy's tour tea's and the biggest reaction was to the one with ted still in the van,which got a ''aaaawwwwww he does'nt want to go outside'' great scenery and a craking looking bivi spot.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
looks like a good time was had i love geting out on my own and do it alot i cant understand these people that always have to have company i will be trying your hunters chicken style thing thanks for the post
Hi I first spotted the bacon wrapped stuffed chicken recipe on one of the early “Hairy Bikers” programs, and it’s so easy and works that well, I eat it fairly often even at home cooked in the oven.
Loving the Inglebourgh shot and the bivvy spot looks grand!
Hi I was stood in a patch of bright sunshine with very dark clouds above and had to zoom in on Inglebourgh which itself was in a bright patch and covered in glaring snow with dark gloomy fields in-between.
I set the camera on Auto and pressed the shutter (easy) well it was for the electronic camera Voodoo thingy. The bright heather almost has a molten lava look ?
Thanks for posting this Danny. I feel I have shared in aother of Teddy's adventures. Mmm ...Campo Viejo....!
I have just found a bit of Google trivia - "Knotteranum - Smith suggests that this name should be interpreted as Mnotts [rockyhill~tops] near a place called Raunum [mountain ashes]."
Were there any Rowans growing there?
Z
Hi didn’t go over to this on the way back, this is a zoomed shot

but it’s got the look of a Rowan. That’s the sun shining through the squall, looks more like the Moon.This was the only one I might have spotted but outside the forestry plantation there appeared to be a soil feature of a large circle and some smaller round features inside it.

Could these have been Iron Age huts (settlement) any Archaeologists ( Toddy) have an idea ? If so I wonder when a place name began ? before written history ?

That bivy spot looks spot on :D Looking at that chicken breast stuffed with chillie sausage and wrapped in bacon, reminds me of a scottish version, Chicken breast, stuffed with haggis and wrapped in bacon, I think its called a robroy or something. mmmm yummy :D
Yes I skinned the sausage but no doubt you could just use the haggis stuffing in fact Googling it I just came up with this site haven’t read it all yet http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/stuffed_chicken_breast_recipes.htm
Good Stuff Danny,Gathered the kids around again to show them teddy's tour tea's and the biggest reaction was to the one with ted still in the van,which got a ''aaaawwwwww he does'nt want to go outside'' great scenery and a craking looking bivi spot.
Thought you might like the Bivy spot I suppose it would be even better on “your” beach but at least it’s got a spring. Yes I’m really cruel to Teddy I make him carry all the kit!
cheers all Danny

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE