Technical t shirts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Hey everyone, just back from a 4 day trip around the cairngorms. Bought a mountain life 'technical' t-shirt from mountain warehouse before i left. It was really out just to get a longer top to stop it getting hitched up by the rucksack whilst walking and when i was these reduced from £30 to £13 i though it was worth trying them out.
Have to say i was very impressed. Great wicking action, they dry very quickly and also keep you warm when they are dry. There were other tops on sale, some slightly cheaper but as i say i went for the £13 option so not sure about the other ones.
Thought it might be a worth knowing for everyone else to know.
No connection to the shop etc...

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
We were issued with ethe berghaus tech - T shirts as part of National Park uniform recently. I have found them to be excellent over the summer months for their sweat wicking action - particularly when wearing a rucksac.

I really noticed the difference when subsequently wearing ordinary t shirts (and as i was given the tech-T for free its even better!) :)

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
I've had a few of the Mountain Life techical base layers for a while now and am quite happy with them. Has to be said they're not up to natural fibres such as merino or smartwool though. For a day's exertion they're fine, but start to get stinky after that unlike the natural (but significantly more expensive) alternatives.

That said, just ordered a couple more as they are good when it's warm - thanks for the tip!

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
If you:
- Are out for more than a couple of days
- Don't have room for too many changes of clothes
- Have a degree of concern for any travelling companions
- Can afford it
... merino's a good alternative.

I have an old and patched technical (plastic) one that I bought a long time ago for skydiving, which still somehow manages to sense the outside conditions to keep me cool or warm (at ground level).
However, merino does almost the same job without requiring a wash. It really does stand up to a lot of the claims made for it; and is probably slightly better if you're close to the fire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE