Technical Fleece that looks good abt town / going to work?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I tend to find that softshells often look a little smarter than fleeces - especially dark, single colour ones. plenty of suitable offerings from TNF etc. I have one from Aldi that cost £14 a few years ago- still going strong and looking smart.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I tend to find that softshells often look a little smarter than fleeces - especially dark, single colour ones. plenty of suitable offerings from TNF etc. I have one from Aldi that cost £14 a few years ago- still going strong and looking smart.

i'm with LP on this one. i use a regatta softshell, a tenner from cosco about five years ago, perfect for mooching round town

cheers

stuart

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Another vote for softshell jackets, they last a lot better (or at least look neat for longer) than fleeces and keep the wind out a lot better.

just recently bought a couple more for work as tha last two I bought a few years ago got too tatty, they had been hammered day in day out while I was working so they paid for themselves.

THIS is what I got. Decent warm and cheap enough. I also bought one of THESE but the pockets are of a slightly weird design (the zips go really high for no real reason and they don't hold things in them that well) and I prefer the first type.

There's no way on earth I'm paying big money for these things so Berghaus et all will never see my money.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
i'm with LP on this one. i use a regatta softshell, a tenner from cosco about five years ago, perfect for mooching round town

cheers

stuart

I had a couple of Regatta softshell jackets, really hardwearing and comfy. I liked the older design with the side pockets and the breast pocket more than the ones without the breast pocket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE