winter coat that packs down small?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
HI

I'm looking for a waterproof, winter coat (fleece lined or padded) but it must be able to pack down small - say to the size of a 3 season sleeping bag or so.
Decent pockets would be useful too.

Any ideas?
I've only seen large waterproof that don't pack down or padded jackets which aren't waterproof (PHD etc), not a combination of both.
Not looking for a north pole style of warmth - uk winter is fine.

Ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

??
Thought the Paramo was pricy! Mind you, the Goretex would wear better. The Paramo material feels quite delicate, despite the Halcon being aimed at twitchers and people who spend time in hides. Not that I’ve had any problems with it, but I wouldn’t go crashing through the woods wearing it like I would with a Barbour or Ventile jacket.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thought the Paramo was pricy! Mind you, the Goretex would wear better. The Paramo material feels quite delicate, despite the Halcon being aimed at twitchers and people who spend time in hides. Not that I’ve had any problems with it, but I wouldn’t go crashing through the woods wearing it like I would with a Barbour or Ventile jacket.
My other half often wears paramo on the pheasant beating.

Some exceeding thick undergrowth there

Reactions: Nice65

marcoruhland

Life Member
Apr 23, 2020
Germany
the main problem with all inzip solution is that you lose insolation against a classic two layer option (only smocks without a large frontzip works better)

i like ridgeline (no goretex so you pay less than other brands), hunting background so their products are very quietly
there is no 3in1 version of there waterproof smocks but i recommend a combination:
waterproof-smocks+windproof-fleece so its possible to get a good-working-combination (and small packable) in sale under 200£ !

mr

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE