Tea Leaf or Tea Bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tea Leaf or Tea Bag?

• Leaf Only Please

Votes: 38 14.7%
  • Bags for me

Votes: 109 42.1%
  • Bi and proud of it

Votes: 89 34.4%
  • Abstain thank you

Votes: 23 8.9%

• Total voters

takjaa

May 20, 2010
Hampshire, England
lmao ruffty tuffty types debating tea ;) . . no on has mentioned just adding a small pine branch to boiling water! mmmm :D or nettles or mint or just herbs from the garden! when im outdoors i wana feel outdoors so wild tea it is! and if its got bits in it all the better . . but when im at home its loose leaf cherry almond tea from a tea house in bath mmmmmmmmmmm :D

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Never seen the appeal of hot drinks, inc hot chocolate. I can ski for a week in Italy and still not fancy a thick cioccolata and I love my chocolate. Which is why I carry enough insulation, ergo no need for hot drinks. It's a vicious circle and I can't get out of it. Now, where's that bar of Dairy Milk?

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Try using the tea in the tea bag without the bags - you'll wonder what was all the fuss about the bags.

The japanese make a green tea which is just ground tea. I now do it.

You save on the space used up by the bags. Just put whatever amount you want directly into the cup - or pot if you prefer. It's a lovely quick brew. If you put it directly into the cup you'll have a bit of "sludge " at the bottom, which you leave, of course. (get the pun? ;) )

I used to grind the tea with a pestle and mortar. But I had an old hand grinder for flour which I no longer use since I don't bake my own bread anymore, so I use that.

But if you're drinking black tea, you don't need to grind, since you can empty the tea bags, which are pretty cheap. Nevertheless, I would guess that you'll discover that the tea bags are more expensive than loose leaf tea, gramme for gramme.

Anyway, it's an idea if space is a problem.

Tea of pretty much any variety in or out of a bag. I have one of those little metal mesh things that you can fill with leaves and brew for one cup. I like my tea black and unsweetened most of the time so saves having to worry about milk. If I do fancy a sweet tea it is a drop of honey that gets stirred in.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm having a lot of mint tea at the moment as there is plenty of mint growing in the garden .
No need for sugar or milk, lovely jubly.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Thanks BOD I voted Bi. but tea bags are an easy option. Then there's Teddy Style Link
2kettleon.jpg

Tea Russian Caravan :- From Wikipedia, Russian Caravan is a blend of Oolong, Keemun and Lapsang Souchong teas. Although a Chinese tea, its name originates from the 18th century camel caravans that facilitated the transcontinental tea trade to Europe via Russia. "It took at least half a year to make the six-thousand-mile journey from the Chinese border to Russia, Russian Caravan has a distinctive smoky aroma caused by the Lapsang Souchong in the blend, originally intended as a natural preservative.
cheers all Danny

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
I use bags while and lose leaf while at home. The bags are just easier and as mentioned before act as decent scouring pads for clean up.

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
You can use loose leaf tea in a cafetiere mug in the same way as ground coffee. No need for teapot or strainer.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
lmao ruffty tuffty types debating tea ;) . . no on has mentioned just adding a small pine branch to boiling water! mmmm :D or nettles or mint or just herbs from the garden! when im outdoors i wana feel outdoors so wild tea it is!.....

Don't forget sassafrass root.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE