Tarp making fail.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks Spandit, if all goes well I might just make a group shelter, mind you my man who I get the canvas from had better have some more for that.
I must admit that I tried making it on my breakfast bar, there was not enough room, next time SHMBO will help feed the material.
I read somewhere where some guy makes tents and tarps and his work table is extended with board at an angle to help feed and also help slip the material through.

Cheers everyone.

xylaria

For making wool wadded quilts I roll the side that goes through the arm really tight, I find that helps manoverability. I plonk the early 1970s husqvarna sewing machine in middle of the table i find that really helps too as the fabric doesn't drag off through gravity. If I need real punch I dust off the manual victorian singer. good sharp needles and test runs to get tension right is important.

Older sewing machine are so much more realible and seem to have more torque.

rancid badger

Nah, RB, clutter the thread so we can all admire and benefit! ;)

Oh well, here you go:

P9160022copy5.jpg

P9160025copy3.jpg

P9160024copy4.jpg

P9160028copy2.jpg

P9160036copy6.jpg

P9160033copy1.jpg

P9160040copy8.jpg

P9160050copy10.jpg

It really was/is a fantastic piece of kit, heavy; yes indeed but almost indestructible in normal use and ideal for canoe camping or any type of camping for that matter, if you want an open fire in fairly close proximity to your shelter.

Absolutely beautifully made.

I used it a few times but eventually sold it, because I thought I wanted to "upgrade" to "proper" camping kit!:togo:

buxxer!:slap:

never mind

kind regards

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE