Tarp doors

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys,

A quick look through the Internet didnt bring up any results so I thought I would ask on here.

Does anyone no where I can get some doors made for my dd 3x3 tarp?

I think I would like them to be removable with either Velcro or push studs but not so sure yet.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers
Steve

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Cheers for the advice mate, I have looked in there and it it just said that they mod sleeping bags.

Wouldn't harm sending him an email though I guess!!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Can you not just fold the end of the tarp over?, it's all i do with my Tatonka 3x3 works really well and is less to carry and you dont loose as much space as you might think you would.

DSCN4523_zps35b75af7.jpg

DSCN4526_zpsab191016.jpg

DSCN4527_zps1fc1784b.jpg

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
For your info, I was looking for the same but in the end (thanks to Kepsis) I just added press studs to my DD XL and it's spot on.

I did e-mail Tenth Wonder and ask if they planned on re-making their one and they said they would be doing another batch in February.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
For your info, I was looking for the same but in the end (thanks to Kepsis) I just added press studs to my DD XL and it's spot on.

I did e-mail Tenth Wonder and ask if they planned on re-making their one and they said they would be doing another batch in February.

Strangely enough I just emailed TW regarding mosquito nets, they replied that they'll look into as they've just finished a huge batch of stock. So the 'doored' tarps should be back in stock soon...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
+1 to what Kepis said

Give it a go Steve and see what you think, just use the tie outs "one-in" from the ends

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The 3x3 is a bit short for a lot of hammocks but as long as you get the coverage at the top then it kind of works , definitely blocks out a lot of the weather if the wind swings round.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
After using it last week it just seems too small to do that with the hammock in toi

The pics above of the tarp with the ends dragged over later housed my Warbonnet Blackbird, i had plenty of room in there and under a DD you would probably have more as the Tantoka Tarp i use only has the one extra tie out down the sides per the pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE