Sycamore wood bowl blank supplier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Well fancy that! A it happens well be at Caerlon on the edge of Newport in just over a month so if I can hold my horses I can save the postage. I hadn't turned (no pun intended) that one up in my clumsy googling, thanks!

I can understand them not having a price list due to the ever changing nature of their stock but very roughly what's the normal cost of a big sycamore blank, so I don't go into catatonic shock when I phone them up?

Cheers folk!

atb

tom

Hard luck on having to be in Caerleon. Not a fate I would wish on many people. :D

Best to give isca woodcraft a ring and ask about prices, and if they know you are coming they might source something for you. They don't respond well to emails, but they do respond to phone calls. It is just a 2 person operation.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well the daylight wasn't so hot so I I had to use the flash in the end.

HatBlanksBefore_zps02c21d91.jpg

Top left Black 100% wool felt stock clearence cost about £8,
Middle Brown wool felt 50p off of Haslinden car boot
Top right same as top left
Bottom left, Czech thick double sided fur felt I wont embarras myself by saying how much that was but it was eye watering
Bottom right 100% wool felt cost less than the fur felt but still more than I'd countance, both presents form the wife who was in a exceptionally good mood.

Not shown a roll of the best black worsted wool 1.5 inch tape given to me by the maker as a end of roll, enough to do at least three of them including the monster and a good selection of 100% flax line cloth to make the linings.

Just need the hatblock and a bit more research.

Heres a practice job I made for son from a charity shop ladies wool felt wedding hat a scrap of linen and some cotton tape.

imagejpg1_zps69d229db.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsec48e66a.jpg

He was playing Buttons in a school panto, it was probably overkill. there was a bunch of big ostriche (?) feathers nicked from his brothers ECW hat in it for the actual show.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
In the past I've used normal spray starch but this time we bought a pint jar of professional Felt stiffener that Parkins sell. Not authentic they, used sugar at one point!, and shellac after the the period I'm interested in but much better than watered down PVA.. It says is a polyvinyl butyrate in alcohol and ester. Will work on all felts they said.

atb

tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE