Swiss Army Tampon!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Always tell our scouts to carry a tampon with them for those exact reasons, admittedly mainly for tinder purposes but the other uses are great too, I would add another use for the empty applicator or whatever you want to call the plastic housing; a waterproof paracord holder, should get at least a foot in one of those applicators.

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
Without debasing myself and discussing gashes etc. I have to admit that I always carry one while bowhunting, supposed to be good for puncture wounds, the South African armyuses them for bullet wounds. I also use them as scent dispersers for hunting and using various attractants. I carry "maxi pads" in my first aid kit also as they must be good for compression bandages. I hadn't thought of so many uses though, it's always good to think outside of "the box."

Bartnmax

May 28, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Without debasing myself and discussing gashes etc. I have to admit that I always carry one while bowhunting, supposed to be good for puncture wounds, the South African armyuses them for bullet wounds. I also use them as scent dispersers for hunting and using various attractants. I carry "maxi pads" in my first aid kit also as they must be good for compression bandages. I hadn't thought of so many uses though, it's always good to think outside of "the box."

I know one guy that does a LOT of mountain hunting & swears by a maxipad placed inside each of his boots.
Reckons they are brilliant for for combating sore foot/fatigue.
Haven't tried it myself as I'm pretty happy with the boots I have & how they look after me feet, but that guy has forgotten more about mountain hunting than I'll probably ever knoiw so I'm certainly not gonna say he's a 'fruit loop'. Could actually be something to it.

Bill.

ScoobySnacks

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Berkshire
Don't forget paracord has seven (or nine) strands of fairly strong nylon in the core, so your foot length immediately turns in to ten feet of fine cordage which could be used as a fishing line or similar when tied together.

So nur!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Don't forget paracord has seven (or nine) strands of fairly strong nylon in the core, so your foot length immediately turns in to ten feet of fine cordage which could be used as a fishing line or similar when tied together.

So nur!

Um... 9 times 1 doesn't equal 10... ;)
Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure the paracord I got from Endicotts has 8 strands but regardless of that fact, cramming 12 inches of cord into a plastic container to keep it dry, when you're going to use it for fishing line anyway, seems a bit pointless!

None of the above really matters anyway as the 'pons in my FAK are non-applicator!

I'm also pretty sure they're not sterile (I'd imagine they're pretty clean but not certified as such) and most of them are man-made fibres so pretty noxious to burn

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I once used a cigarette filter to fill a puncture wound ;)

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I know one guy that does a LOT of mountain hunting & swears by a maxipad placed inside each of his boots.
Reckons they are brilliant for for combating sore foot/fatigue.
Haven't tried it myself as I'm pretty happy with the boots I have & how they look after me feet, but that guy has forgotten more about mountain hunting than I'll probably ever knoiw so I'm certainly not gonna say he's a 'fruit loop'. Could actually be something to it.

Bill.

Cheers Bill, that's got me thinking they could be good for drying sodden foot beds as you walk?

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE