Swedish snow smock.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Bought one a couple of months ago from a swedish web shop. Did a minor modification = cut a couple of small holes to get the waist cinch band on the outside for easier use. Haven´t used it yet.
This one also has the crotch band that attaches backside of hem to the frontside preventing flapping in the wind.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I had one of these, I did exactly the same.

I made button holes on a sewing machine to bring the cord to the outside, I also gathered in the sides and shoulders for a better fit, then dyed it dark blue. Superb in dry cold or windy conditions!

I have since given it to a friend.

madadam

May 1, 2013
Bristol Uk
Bought one a couple of months ago from a swedish web shop. Did a minor modification = cut a couple of small holes to get the waist cinch band on the outside for easier use. Haven´t used it yet.
This one also has the crotch band that attaches backside of hem to the frontside preventing flapping in the wind.

Is it off white or olive?
I got an off white one and dyed it green.
Put some buttons inside and attached a M51 liner. Almost like a Vietnam parka now.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrEd

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
I also bought one a couple of years ago. I dyed it green and fitted a fur ruff around the hood and is still going strong. Useful windproof bit of kit.
CIMG0011.jpg

Reactions: Herman30

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
They were made pure snow white, but the preservative agents and decades in storage( in special barns all over Sweden) have aged the fabric.

Superb quality, are they not?
:)

Your modifications are really nice, we used to do the same, with a well sharpened Mora.

We got issued a mix of those and the jacket style version. I think we used/destroyed around 10 of those (and snow camo trousers) each winter.

Reactions: madadam and MrEd

madadam

May 1, 2013
Bristol Uk
[QUOTE="Janne, post: 1884697,

Superb quality, are they not?
:) .[/QUOTE]

The Swedish stuff is great.
I've also got an m68 canvas parka with liner and hood.
It now has a fur ruff on the hood and a detachable fur collar. - bulletproof

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE