Swedish LK70 Bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Love my 70 and 35, as said simple, reliable and bombproof. And for what you get very reasonably priced :) a great bit of kit!

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
There are a lot of closeup detail photos on <a data-cke-saved-href="http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=longtemps00&amp;logNo=20153000835" href="http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=longtemps00&amp;logNo=20153000835">http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=longtemps00&amp;logNo=20153000835</a> it is in japanese but there are some closeup shots of the bag showing a lot of detail.

edit. link = http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=longtemps00&logNo=20153000835

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
I have just ordered one off militarymart. I have just spent 3 days doing a section of the local pennine way and my berghaus arete bag just didnt cut the mustard, it has put me of modern bags for good, its been relegated to shopping bag status:eek:.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
The only thing I don't like about mine is the side pockets being too small/narrow... Got some nice patches to add to mine, will post up pics at some point.

What do you find too small about them? I managed to get 2 x 1 litre bottles (not 2 litre as stated previously) in each - to me they are nice and deep.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
The one I bought off a ebay has just arrived.

Absolutely chuffed to bits. Its the newer version dated 1986. Its in mint condition and looks like it only has marks from storage, none visible from use.

I do agree about the side pockets though, might be a bit narrow, but we'll see.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
On my to-do list is replacing the side pockets with PLCE pockets.
The side pockets are the only thing I don't like about mine (now that I've replaced the straps)

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
I got my bag last saturday from military mart (only took 48hrs from ordering, now thats the best service I have ever had:)). Really impressed with the bag it swallows gear up with ease. I filled it up with a full winter loadout and still had room inside the main bag if I wanted to put food in. Took it for a walk round meanwood valley park and the outer frame and straps suited me right down to the ground, I walked 8miles without problems. I just used my side pockets for meths and water so I wasnt to worried about the pocket size as what I needed was accommodated with ease. the back pocket took my 1.6 tatonka kettle easily with my wild woodgas stove stored inside. So overall I am really impressed with it, especially for what it cost me. There is a big zip up waterproof map/document pocket in the lid as well, it held 2 x 2litre water bladders with ease, which I liked.

Gorneesh

Aug 15, 2013
Northamptonshire
I got my LK70 today from Military Mart, I have to admit I was a little disappointed with it. The bag itself would be great but the condition its in not so great, the leather straps were all covered in what looked like a white mould with very dry and cracked leather straps (have feed the leather but still not sure how long they are going to last I dare not pull them to hard) The frame has paint missing all over it even missing where I would not expect it to be.
I kind of expect a bit of ware in army surplus gear but not this much, as it looks like I've got to spend more in replacing some of the straps and such
The wife did her nut when she saw it and told me off for wasting my money, I know I wont be buying army surplus again sight unseen
OK rant over.....Other than that as I said I like the style of the bag itself, also where on the bag can I find a makers label or the 3 crowns there don't seem to be any on mine.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I got my LK70 today from Military Mart, I have to admit I was a little disappointed with it. The bag itself would be great but the condition its in not so great, the leather straps were all covered in what looked like a white mould with very dry and cracked leather straps (have feed the leather but still not sure how long they are going to last I dare not pull them to hard) The frame has paint missing all over it even missing where I would not expect it to be.
I kind of expect a bit of ware in army surplus gear but not this much, as it looks like I've got to spend more in replacing some of the straps and such
The wife did her nut when she saw it and told me off for wasting my money, I know I wont be buying army surplus again sight unseen
OK rant over.....Other than that as I said I like the style of the bag itself, also where on the bag can I find a makers label or the 3 crowns there don't seem to be any on mine.

Military Mart are usually quite good. I'd contact them if I were you and see if they'll replace it.

What grade did you go for?

If it's grade2 it might well be a bit tired.

Gorneesh

Aug 15, 2013
Northamptonshire
Military Mart are usually quite good. I'd contact them if I were you and see if they'll replace it.

What grade did you go for?

If it's grade2 it might well be a bit tired.

When I ordered it I could only pick if it was Canvas or not, just listed them as a used condition, with pics to follow.
Might give them a bell tomorrow

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
:( Sorry to hear about that. Clearly the seller has sent you a too worn and
badly stored sack.

You're supposed to be happy when you get your first LK-70.

Hope the shop is reasonable.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
After reading this and watching a short review on you tube i bought the lk35. It's a great piece of kit. Ok it's alot smaller than my LA sting but it's 2 pounds lighter, more comfortable, (on my back anyway) and easily holds everything i need for a weekend in the peak district. I can't fault it.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Why do we seek out the oldest, heaviest gear? Well maybe because I'm old and heavy. To me anything newer than 1965 is NEW and anything newer than 1983 is unproven; it takes at least 30 years, preferably 50, to tell how long something will last.

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
I've got mine this summer and have used it extensively since. It will take a beating unheard of using new, lightweight packs. I have even used it as a makeshift ladder to get up trees.
Yes, it is heavy but in my case the durability offsets this. The only modification I have made so far is adding a chest strap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE