Swedish army wool trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I found a pair of Swedish army wool trousers on a Swedish site at a good price but I'm being quoted £25 postage for them plus a pair of wool long johns, which is more than the price of the clothes. Sounds a bit steep to me but maybe that is the going rate for a heavyish parcel from Sweden. Can any of our Sweden-based friends shed any light on this?

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I found a pair of Swedish army wool trousers on a Swedish site at a good price but I'm being quoted £25 postage for them plus a pair of wool long johns, which is more than the price of the clothes. Sounds a bit steep to me but maybe that is the going rate for a heavyish parcel from Sweden. Can any of our Sweden-based friends shed any light on this?

For parcels inside Europe the rate is SEK 260 for 1 kg, SEK 290 for 2 kg, and 320 for 3 kg. For letters the rates are better; SEK 140 for 1 kg and SEK 220 for 2 kg, but then you have some size constraints. There is about SEK 12/GBP, and if we assume 2 kg you are quoted pretty much the parcel rate (as a letter is would only cost GBP 18).

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
For parcels inside Europe the rate is SEK 260 for 1 kg, SEK 290 for 2 kg, and 320 for 3 kg. For letters the rates are better; SEK 140 for 1 kg and SEK 220 for 2 kg, but then you have some size constraints. There is about SEK 12/GBP, and if we assume 2 kg you are quoted pretty much the parcel rate (as a letter is would only cost GBP 18).

Thanks very much Forestwalker. I'm being quoted 290 SEK and the parcel would be in the 1-2kg bracket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE