Swedish army winter coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Found this whilst browsing the web

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/ProductDetails.aspx?catalog=HighStDonated&product=53098

Can anyone tell me more about it ? Looks the business for the Long Scottish winter, plus I kinda like the look of it?

Are they available anywhere else?

Thanks

Andy

I`ve found these tonight Andy and I`m gonna try and get one, there`s only three available.

!00% wool
Sheepskin lined (toasty)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MENS-SWEDISH-...QihZ001QQcategoryZ313QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I know it`s not for charity but still worth a look, it looks like a good winter coat to me.

Rich

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
My dad has one of those, got it in the 80s I think. Really warm n brilliant to keep in the back of the car in case you get stranded, etc. I didnt think these were around anymore. The thick canvas makes them super heavy n bulky though and a bit hard to move about in them. Its huge on me and Im bigger than average heighwise. An absolutely priceless bit of kit though.

Mimung

May 30, 2007
Sweden
That coat is WARM. No doubt about it. I´ve been Santa for a few occations and had it on indoors.... The first time I had a t-shirt underneath. I soaked it... I wouldn´t be surprised if it says anything on the inside about being made in the fourties during WWII. It´s heavy and bulky but you´ll survive when it´s really cold. /Mimung

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
The way they're supposed to look:
normal_vinterpals.jpg

The ones you've seen are probably dyed to make them somewhat more civilian. They were issued 1909 to sometime after WWII I think. (OT: just look at that cool guy third from the right, he just knows he looks cool in sunglasses, don't he ;))

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The way they're supposed to look:
normal_vinterpals.jpg

The ones you've seen are probably dyed to make them somewhat more civilian. They were issued 1909 to sometime after WWII I think. (OT: just look at that cool guy third from the right, he just knows he looks cool in sunglasses, don't he ;))

What about the guy on the end, I thought there were height restrictions when joining the armed forces ?? :)

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
They do look the same, don't they? I think it's the same as the oxfam one on looking again, but the other ebay ones were claimed to be wool. I wonder if they are wool as opposed to really being cotton.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE