Swap / Give away - .22 air rifle, Abergavenny South Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
I was given this air rifle by an ex-student of mine a couple of years ago but, as irony have land or a garden, it has lived i my spare room without use. I took it out today hoping it would suit rabbiting but it is too powerful / crude / no scope for the job. The richocet sounds scarily solid as the pellet came off the tree trunk and into another one at 90deg from it so you need to have some space to use it! I don't know enough about air rifles to examine or improve it but would rather swap / give it away than throw it.

Photos to follow shortly. I would rather collection but could post I guess

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Sorry, I should have said that. The marks on the sight adjustment knob are digits on the up/down elevation but Chinese symbols on the left/right knob. It is pretty crude and would describe it as being cheap Chinese. It has a rod under the barrel to break the breech and pressurize the gun. I will take a photo now

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons

although I have just noticed that the hinge is actually held with a brass lanyard tube and a piece of wound wire- it didn't affect me cocking it about 20 times this afternoon!

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
So it is.
Not very accurate, plenty of flyers with no safety features.
They were sold for about £60 new some time ago. Not really suitable for hunting as you'd be lucky to get a head shot at 25 yards due to its lack of accuracy.

I'll join the "i'm out" club too.

Good luck with recycling it but for heavens sake, don't give it to a youngster. Theres a chance fingers can be lost.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
So it is.
Not very accurate, plenty of flyers with no safety features.
They were sold for about £60 new some time ago. Not really suitable for hunting as you'd be lucky to get a head shot at 25 yards due to its lack of accuracy.

I'll join the "i'm out" club too.

Good luck with recycling it but for heavens sake, don't give it to a youngster. Theres a chance fingers can be lost.

So basically you need a barn to shoot at and you may not even hit it if stood inside the barn. Give it to an American. ;):fishing:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
So basically you need a barn to shoot at and you may not even hit it if stood inside the barn. Give it to an American. ;):fishing:

Well actually Yes, i do need a barn at least.
But i can put a pellet through a rabbits head at 30 yards all day long because i know my toy will place the pellet in the sMe spot each and every time.
If i have any doubt about my ability to deliver a clean kill then i won't take the shot.
Its not acceptable to let an animal suffer (ask Dan about that one ;-) )

We can't all shoot for GB now can we!
(Not until i've finish my probation anyway).

Btw, another meet at Ivans Dec 6th-8th.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Well actually Yes, i do need a barn at least.
But i can put a pellet through a rabbits head at 30 yards all day long because i know my toy will place the pellet in the sMe spot each and every time.
If i have any doubt about my ability to deliver a clean kill then i won't take the shot.
Its not acceptable to let an animal suffer (ask Dan about that one ;-) )

We can't all shoot for GB now can we!
(Not until i've finish my probation anyway).

Btw, another meet at Ivans Dec 6th-8th.

Bum, I'm going to my mates wedding on the 7th.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
rifle arrived yesterday matey am well chuffed when ive sorted it al post photos and results on here cheers your stuff is on its way to you GB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE