Swannie sizes (which are right)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
My lovely missus is thinking of buying me a swannie bush shirt for chrimbo, and I've seen on the web that different sizes are quoted in inces for the M L and XL, so my question is this. I'm a 42" chest and don't like my clothing too baggy that it's hangin off me so what size would be best ?? I think it's between the L and the XL :shock:

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
I'm like tenbears10, a Swannie "M" fits my scrawny 40" chest about right with enough room underneath for a couple of thin layers. I felt a "L" was just that bit too roomy, so it'll probably do for you.

Cheers,

Ted W

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
All things being equal Maddave, an L should be fine for a 42". Large in fact goes up to 44.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Im a 42" myself and I generally opt for a xl in swanni size fits me ok -
cadetbigpic.bmp
- well I think so anyway.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
GEEEEEEEEE THANKS GUYS ................... :oops:

Actually I was a chilly bushcraft but hey if vogue wants a cover model I'd concider it!! :wink:

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
is it me or have wire's been crossed dave asked about a bushirt surely that is a ranger shirt your wearing gary ? :wave:

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Can someone tell me in the new TV programme of bush craft first one in episode one in UK was that a Swannie that Mr Mears was wearing with the hood

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
mal said:
Can someone tell me in the new TV programme of bush craft first one in episode one in UK was that a Swannie that Mr Mears was wearing with the hood

Just after the first show there where some questions about the jacket by some Kitaholics :wink: worn by Mr Mears.
Can't find the thread it was in ... , but here is a link to the jacket / swanni (in this case: swazi, actually).

Swazi%20thar.jpg

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Thanks for that i has anyone had any experience with them i thought it was one of the ones he sells on his site

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Its a ranger shirt but the sizing is the same for each garment - so a xl ranger is the same size as a bushshirt ect - well spotted though! :naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE