Swanndri treatment?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Does anyone know of anything to do to make my Swanny less itchy? Such as washing it/treating in something?

Its bearable but wearing all weekend during a hunting trip got a bit uncomfortable!

Thanks in advance

Marc

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Have a search about on here for Toddy's re-lanolising thread; it helps a little with scratchiness but quite honestly wool is wool and if you find it uncomfortable at your neck the only real answer is to sew somethig softer to the collar as a facing, or the inside of the cuffs if that's where the problem lies.........................atb mac

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
I'd just wear something under it, or practice wearing it sans anything else. When I was a kid I hated wool next to my skin but I got over it, these days I quite often wear just woolen shirts on my top half when wandering about the house and garden. Back in the day the poorer of the peasantry up my way just wore a single rough tweed garment, now thats hard :eek:

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Does anyone know of anything to do to make my Swanny less itchy? Such as washing it/treating in something?

Its bearable but wearing all weekend during a hunting trip got a bit uncomfortable!

Thanks in advance

Marc

I usually wear a woolpower 200gm top beneath which removes the itchiness and keeps you warmer when it is chilly.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hmm.. I assumed they would be special and not itchy! are pendelton shirts itchy aswell then? (sorry for changeing the brand..)

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
hi marc as an aside whats the land situation, around you our youngest is looking to buy a couple of acres around that area, okanagan/kootonays he wants to go self sufficiant

greenshoots

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
hi marc as an aside whats the land situation, around you our youngest is looking to buy a couple of acres around that area, okanagan/kootonays he wants to go self sufficiant

greenshoots

No shortage of land here, Kamloops is pretty good growing/farming land and lots of it about although a lot of it is semi-desert and gets very hot but the Okanagan looks something else judging by the amount of orchards, vineyards/wineries, farming etc........... I also understand that it is very expensive especially around Kelowna but I am not a farmer or a real estate expert! I know not very much of the Kootenays as yet but I have contacts I intend to take up on offers of huntin' fishin' and general good times out there!

I do know it was the best thing I ever did and could never discourage anyone from doing the same.........not an easy life but very rewarding!

I am available if he wants to drop me a line.

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
I am available if he wants to drop me a line

hes working in grande cache at the moment, but i will pass your details on when hes back in contact, we will be over in next may, to look for land, we stayed in kelowna a couple of years ago and explored the area down to the border, very beautiful area

greenshoots

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE