Swag/bedroll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stephendedwards

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2006
Wales
Sorry Pignut,
I am out. When anyone says swag to me I always think double top sheet and press-studs. I am not convinced that the overhang flap on the zips is wide enough. All the best though I am sure there will be plenty of takers

best wishes

Steve

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
After a days wrangling on this

I have got the price down to £95 to your door!

And they say the flap over the zip could be bigger if we wanted

If not I will pul this one!

Regards

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Too expensive compared to the Duluth for me and much heavier than i expected.

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
hi Pignut
you have obviously spent some time on this project, thankyou.

Do you know what weight of canvas is used, 12oz., 15 oz. etc.? If you can get a wider flap over the zip, I may be interested.

cheers.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Thanks

12oz canvas

Sure the flap can be bigger will check

Regards

hi Pignut
you have obviously spent some time on this project, thankyou.

Do you know what weight of canvas is used, 12oz., 15 oz. etc.? If you can get a wider flap over the zip, I may be interested.

cheers.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Will now have a bigger flap by 1" all round.

The bright green tape around the edges will now be of a green cotton canvas type. the strapping will be longer to accomodate larger bags when rolled

All at the lower price..................

Am still preping to wrap this one up though!

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Well I'm watching though dont really have a need for one, if you get close to the numbers you need I'd happily buy one to help it happen.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the benefit of a "swag"over a bivvi bag ?, is the base of the bag canvas as well ?, if so is this waterproof, or does it have to get wet first before it can swell to become waterproof ?.

Thanks, rob

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
the canvas is waterproof and rot proof!

And if you sleep next to an open fire the canvas will not shrink wrap you like goretex will if you catch a spark

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Pignut, Looking at the pic's it reminds me of the bedroll my dad had way back in his scouting days late 40s . I can remember the bottom being waterproof ish with a canvas top , the front was closed with canvas fastening (tying a bow knot) .. The shame was time i got my hands on it 30 yrs later the bedroll was rotted out , but i have a pic of it in my minds eye.
cheers Topknot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE