Svord Peasant Orange Only

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
Update - have mailed those with their names on the list - as of now 16 knives on here are unclaimed (still about £900 out of pocket on this...)

Anyone who has already paid - many thanks for being so prompt - & please note the price correction above - due to Post Office error!!

Any knives not paid for by this Friday 11th Dec will be sold on to 1st takers

Looking forward to the initial reactions once the Peasants start to arrive - hope some may get there tomorrow

Cheers

Jon

Made A Nice £30 Postal Charges Loss On Todays 42 Packets = 30 Single Knives & 12 Doubles

Counter Staff On Friday Quoted Price As "large Letter"

Dozy Sod Today Took The Packages & Then Said They're A "Packet"

= Over 60p/75p More Each!!

I'll Have To Update The Cost Prices For Any New Buyers Accordingly - MY APOLOGIES FOR LACK OF GREY MATTER AT POST OFFICE COUNTERS - I know it's the silly season in there at present but I'd expected more knowledge from them. I was trying to keep the unit costs down, if I'd not bothered I could have had the PACKET rates on Friday!!!

i assume they didn not fit thru the 25mm thick slot
which even in a jiffy bag they do easily :rolleyes: post office staff can be a PITA on this. All my spoon knifes go as large letter and are a lot fatter than a Svord etc

oh well will send the 0.61p PayP

ATB

Duncan

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
i assume they didn not fit thru the 25mm thick slot
which even in a jiffy bag they do easily :rolleyes: post office staff can be a PITA on this. All my spoon knifes go as large letter and are a lot fatter than a Svord etc

oh well will send the 0.61p PayP

ATB

Duncan

Hi Duncan

THAT was the problem!!

I've packed/wrapped these in such a way that they WILL go through the 25mm slot - yet the fat muppet that served me never even tried the slot & never gave me the option of Large Letter as a postal rate
I'll see who else is on today when I go in - the fat muppet said she is not in on Thursday - so that'll be a good time to mail them too!!

Shares in Royal Mail anyone

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi Jon.

As I underpaid you, so you tell in your last post as the Post Office made a cock up with their charges.

I have sent an extra £1-00 to cover the postage!

Cheers,

Swyn.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Payment for : Svord Peasent Orange extra postage £0.61
Forum: BCUK
Position: 32
Username: CBJ

Payment sent 15:14 by paypal

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
Tell em to check :D :slap: they dont like it but hey if they cant do the job right
adds up if they do it to all 135 knives cos they cant be arsed to check

ATB

Duncan

I will be in there in about an hour to post more out

I will be having a "LOUD word" with whoever serves me & will also be putting in a complaint - just cause it's a busy time of year doesn't mean they can offer a ****-poor level of service

Will post updates

Jon

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Very happy with the colour, wont be losing that in a hurry...
I would think that a bright orange handle gives this a look of a tool when in general use that stops comments about using "knives...!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE