Svord peasant knife rebuild - Yew handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
After reading Stewart Lights Blog entries about his project, I thought I'd give this rebuild a go as I've always liked these type of knives. I've made friction folding knives in the past, but I fancied using the Svord blade as I like the shape and its a nice simple project to do in-between other jobs.

I make my own scales most of the time as it costs me nothing other than time, and its been good doing a spot of knife work again as I've been busy with other projects of late. I prefer to be out and about these days when I get some spare time, particularly in the Autumn season, and I think this knife will be the perfect bushcrafting companion. Its a bit rough in places, but it'll do for me and I'm happy with the open/closing.

100_4192_zpsd10ebff3.jpg

100_4195_zpsfe34ccb0.jpg

Rest of the pictures and the making of here if you fancy a gander http://woodsmancrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/svord-peasant-knife-rebuild-yew-handle.html

Cheers, Addo :)

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Nice one Addo that some nice Yew.

I fancy a go at something similar with a friction folder I acquired with rather dull scales.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks folks, Oils about dried now, so its my new everyday carry from now on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE