Sustainable society, and thoughts on human nature

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Hey all, I've been thinking lately about the capitalist system and the class structure we live in and out of the handful of forums I'm a member of, I guess this one seems the most apt and suitible for such a topic.

I have a simple argument that a sense of equality is a facet of human nature, and so in order for any system we live under to be sustainable and stable, it absolutely must accomadate for this simple fact of life.

Instead we have a system whereby a miner/labourer who works ridicuously hard day in day out only makes enough money to survive on while a business-type person can work just as hard albeit in a different way, and quickly generate enough of a fortune to not have to work ever again and live a life of leisure.

Both worked just as hard as the other, but in the skewed economical system we live under, one of them is infinately better off.

It's quite bizzare how complacent we have been of the class structure for so long now such as how the working class have tolerated and for many, bizzarely adore and aspire the upper class like as if they have completely and unreservedly accepted the reality of the system they live under and think only to cooperate and operate within it rather that rightfuly rebel and resent it, or how people merely only moan and complain about how the basic human requirment of shelter and warmth costs 10-20 times more than they will ever make in their entire working lifetime rather than contemplate how sick and twisted things must have gotten in order for such outrageous things to manifest in the first place, thus once again acquiescing and accepting the reality of the twisted system they live under which only serves to prolong it's flawed parasitical existance.

Then again, a warm tin of stew and a cup of tea at the end of the day was enough to keep a soldier from going insane in the trenches of world war one. The malleability of our species' nature is something that is both out greatest strength and out greatest fall and for the upper echelons of society who seek to preserve their way of leisurely life this is of great benifit to them in maintaining the current state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE